CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My Now Controlled EC (Exfoliative Cheilitis - Peeling Lips)

Ibinns Views: 11,436
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,313,755

Re: My Now Controlled EC (Exfoliative Cheilitis - Peeling Lips)

ECaccutane,

The red line of inflammation is definitely a big point of EC to consider. Once mine was gone it took my persistent EC along with it. I thought I was dreaming when my lips were getting better so quickly. I mean, I had EC since 1994 and I spent thousands of dollars on all kinds of doctor visits, medications, drugs, bulls**t, for real!

So yeah, if you are seeing a reduction in that redness then you are on your way to something great. I can't guarantee that it'll be it for you because I will always state that EC is an isolated case to its host. However, the few symptoms associated with it like the buildup, peeling, and red/rawness are common among all EC sufferers. And all those things died down or completely went away once that red inflammation lining disappeared.

To all EC sufferers I'd suggest to first make certain that there is no secondary infection or excessive yeast present. Try to get an oral culture done with an oral pathologist. I got my culture done without me even brushing my teeth to go so that the white gunk could be present and be thoroughly analyzed. To my surprise, the results were negative all around.

Yes, the corners of my lips had little to no buildup but more in the middle if any buildup did come about. The buildup was basically at a minimum once the natural grooves in my lips started to reappear.

You definitely need to keep doing what you are doing. My lips weren't peeling much because the Bepanthen was keeping the buildup at bay. So, I pretty much had very little buildup.

I don't take the probiotics like I used to. Oh man, I practically overdosed on those probiotic pearls once my EC returned... ha ha ha. I also noticed that they weren't as effective this time around and so I began to panic a little. But, once my sickness went away, my lips returned to their EC controlled state. Also, I began to apply coconut oil on my lips and that really helped this time because I was noticing that the Bepanthen wasn't controlling the buildup as it did before.

My EC went back to a dormant state in about 3 weeks. So, I am currently "normal" again.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.139 sec, (2)