CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please Help - In the men's department (i.e. libido)

Ferventer Views: 5,100
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,225,745

Re: Please Help - In the men's department (i.e. libido)

That much Iodine and no selenium? Sorry to be rude but going into this stuff half assed is how people mess themselves up and give Iodine a bad name.

Selenium is essential for the enzymes that convert T4 to T3 as well as for the breakdown of the toxic byproducts of normal thyroid operation. If these byproducts cant be nuetralized due to lack of selenium it damages the thyroid.

In turn the thyroid has been scientifically linked to sex hormones and sexual function in both sexes. A vast majority of men on hormone replacement therapy also have an underfunctioning thyroid. Thats usually ignored and men go on TRT. Personally I feel the low testosterone is just another symptom of poorly functioning thyroid and a symptom of nutrient deficiency.

So, there is a good chance if you were Iodine deficient before you were also selenium deficient. Then you exacerbated the issue buy ignoring selenium and now likely have low testosterone as well.

There could also be additional deficiencies, lot of the B vits are critical to sexual function, magnesium also plays an important role in sex hormones.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)