CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help figure out ZRTlab saliva test results Adrenal Fatigue.

rivendale17 Views: 2,308
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,182,903

Re: Help figure out ZRTlab saliva test results Adrenal Fatigue.

Hi -

My last reply was typed via my phone and I couldn't see what I was writing very well so it was kind of spotty.

I mentioned your Estrodiol simply because you were on the low end of "normal".  You could be experienceing even more estrogen dominance symptoms due to the other estorgen values that they didn't test (estriol and esterone).  The progesterone can be very helpful for that, but you may need a higher dose than you are currently doing.  It looks like you are doing 30mg 2x/day = 60 mg/day.  I was prescribed a cream from my natropath and I'm doing 150 mg/day and my levels are still not as ideal as they could be.  Sometimes you need time to build up to it though so you don't send your body into a tail spin, but after the first few months it is usually pretty well tolerated.  Do you have regular periods or do you go longer in between cycles?

As far as the androgens go, you will do yourself the most service by controlling your blood sugars (cutting down on starchy carbs and sugar), eating the healthy oils (coconut oil is wonderful as is high vitamin butter or just grass fed butter) and really avoiding the omega 6 oils.  It does wonders for cramps.  It also takes a few months to notice a difference.  I say moderation is the best way.  Small changes.

I have used Seriphos and sometimes it's helpful and other times it's not.  My doctor told me only to use it when I tend to have high cortisol.  Sometimes when your cortisol gets too low, you can actually get a surge of epinepherine which could be causing the poor sleep.  It's such a delicate balance and it can be SO frustrating trying to find the right doses at the right times.  Especially when your body is constantly in flux and every time you turn around it changes.  I was off the Seriphos for a while due to low blood pressure and feeling like I was in a low cycle.  Now, three days later, my body is waking up and my heart rate is elevated and I feel extremely itchy and anxious.  I've started taking the Seriphos again to try and calm that down.

As to l-tyrosine, it can actually be stimulating.  It converts to dopamine and norepinepherine, which we need for mental alertness and increased blood pressure but it's definitely a stimulant and can make you feel jittery.  I don't do well on tyrosine at all.  It has always over stimulated me in the past.  As this point in your healing, you will want to stay away from anything that stimulates your system.  If you notice that it is doing so, then I would back away.  If not, then you are probably ok.

I cannot tolerate green tea, black tea or even defaf coffee.  It's very sad, because I love a good latte, but my system is incredibly sensitive to stimulants.

Green tea by itself can increase both glutamate and GABA.  Glutamate is an excitory chemical while GABA is a calming one. The caffeine in the green tea could also be sending you into an angry mood.  Doing the l-theanine supplement should help calm down the glutamate and increase the GABA.  But again, always trust your own reactions because every body is out of balance in its own way and will respond differently.  Just experiment and see how you feel.

How is your blood pressure?  Low or high?

Just know that you are not alone in your strange symptoms and it can be challenging to find balance.  There are days I want to scream, but I just remind myself to be patient and that healing will come.  I have healed many of my symptoms already.  I used to suffer extreme PMS and lots of anxiety.  I used to have terrible irritable bowel and social phobias.  I can now say that my PMS is 90% releived, I have less cramps, I have less anxiety, I have zero irritable bowel and I can function much better in social settings.  Now I'm just focusing on healing my tired adrenals and getting all of that back online.  I has been a struggle, but it has also taught me a lot about hope, patience, and it has forced me to address and heal some of my emotional issues. Not such a bad thing.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)