CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Systemic Candida? Or not? (TMI w/ lady-details)

dvjorge Views: 4,120
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,126,471

Re: Systemic Candida? Or not? (TMI w/ lady-details)

Listen, the best thing you can do is to get a culture and to identify what kind of candida species is affecting you. Normally, candida albicans responds to Diflucan even when it can develop rapid resistance. However, there are some candida species that aren't susceptible to Diflucan or they are dose dependable susceptible. Many times, chronic vaginal candidiasis is caused by non-germinating resistant candida strains such as C. Glabrata and C. Tropicalis. If you get a culture, you know who is your enemy and what drug to use to combat it. I can not advice treatment but you may speak with your MD about standard doses long term. Diflucan regular dosage is 200 mg a day but since candida develops rapid resistant to it, you may need to add some other medication to impede it. It looks like Ibuprofen can revert and impede candida albicans develop resistance to the azole drugs. There isn't human trials confirming it but animal experiments. It has worked "in vitro" and "in vivo" with animal models. I don't know how safe is to take Ibuprofen long term. You need to discuss it with your Dr. Probably, 400 mg of Ibuprofen a day is enough to cause this effect. It is also possible to combine Lamisil with Fluconazole to treat resistant cases. Itraconazole and Voriconazole are other weapons to consider depending the strain of yeast found.Even Ketoconazole is used to treat resistant strains. When taking a systemic antifungal long term, it is necessary to watch your liver enzymes periodically. This is something you need to speak with your Dr if he wishes to prescribe these drugs long term. Don't ask me how long because I can not know it. It may take several months or you respond quickly to the treatment.

Jorge.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)