CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Great article on dangers of fasting

chrisb1 Views: 2,170
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,962,975

Re: Great article on dangers of fasting

I agree absolutely and totally with DesertLilis post in response to this nonsense.
If you like, I can take this article apart piece by piece, but suffice to say, and time permitting, it is for the most part factually inaccurate.

It is to be admitted though that deaths did occur during a prolonged fast, and under Sheltons care, but these patients usually used fasting as a "last resort" after being the rounds of conventional medicine.
Patients came to his Health-School in an already enervated and depleted condition, and where these deaths would have occurred anyway because of irreversible pathology, fasting or eating.
Nothing is said though concerning the deaths that occur under Allopathic care, where prescription drugs "taken as prescribed" in hospitals, are the fourth leading cause of death in the USA and Canada, after Cancer, heart disease and strokes. They cause about 10,000 deaths a year in Canada and about 106,000 deaths a year and over two million serious injuries in the US.
http://commonground.ca/2012/01/prescription-drug-deaths.

One pointer here that I will mention here and now is the articles mention of "acidosis", where the author comments..........(BOLD IS MY OWN ADDITION).

"Fasting causes blood Sugar to drop (TRUE) This leads to a breakdown (catabolism) of muscle and other protein tissue for energy (NOT TRUE BECAUSE OF PROTEIN SPARING). During fasting, catabolism is a kind of "self-cannibalism" (NONSENSE, WE DO NOT FEED ON OUR PROTEIN RESERVES BUT ON FAT RESERVES) the by-products of which (ammonia and urea) lead to acidosis that produces weakness, fatigue, irritability, depression, depressed libido, and a sick feeling".

From my own experience and testimony acidosis or the symptoms of acidosis do not develop because I am toxemia free. The author is confusing the symptoms of elimination with that of so-called acidosis.............

"Ketosis is the presence in the blood of certain end-products of fat-metabolism, known as ketones. There are three ketones--acetone, aceto-acetic and beta-oxybutyric acid. The presence of these bodies in the blood is said to produce acidosis and damage the body. The damages that these ketones produce are never described and those who have had most experience with fasting have never seen them. It would be interesting to see a catalogue of the evils that flow from the presence of these bodies. Dr. Gian-Cursio, who says he has never seen any evidence of harm from the presence of these bodies, and who thinks of them as evidences of normal adjustment to the fasting state, says that "their absence would be cause for alarm."......................
http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.ch20.htm

AND.........
"Bernarr Macfadden says: "It has been said that an acid condition of the blood, fluids and tissues (acidosis) is sometimes brought about by fasting. I cannot concede that this is ever the case, in true fasting. As a matter of fact, all the evidence seems to prove that as Dr. Haig expressed it, 'fasting acts like a dose of alkali.' If there is acidity in the system, fasting will remove it and restore the chemical balance of the system. Therapeutic fasting never created acidity, but on the contrary, removes that state when existing. Of course protracted starvation may do so, but then, who ever advised starvation".............
http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.iii/020127.ch7.htm

Note the losses in actual starvation from the above link and compare that of muscle and fat in particular.

Chrisb1.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (2)