CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Apicoectomy and root canals

ThinkAgain Views: 5,590
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,859,118

Re: Apicoectomy and root canals

I've been out of dental technology for over 10 years now, but yes i've seen Amalgam used in root canals. Heck, i've even seen part of a tooth reconstructed from amalgam.

As far as metals used for posts, high content gold is considered the best but palladium and even mixture of gold & platinum come to mind as well.

All metals used in dental technology are alloys combined of more than one metal except for titanium which is used for implants. So when i say gold, i mean an alloy that has gold in it.

In the 90's, most dentists preferred palladium for their crowns and bridges and high content gold for post construction. Palladium costs less than gold and is as biocompatible, but it is more rigid than gold which may not be suitable for some applications.

All that said, there are many dentists who order everything in non-precious metal for cost effectiveness which can be as bad as amalgam. Non-precious metal almost always has nickel, beryllium, probably some copper and a few unknown crap but costs about 20-30 times less than a decent quality gold alloy.

Usually the lab includes a sticker with their lab work which details exactly what is in the alloy, so if you're concerned, you should ask your dentist for this sticker.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)