CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anxiety related migraine?

Views: 2,763
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,605,046

Re: Anxiety related migraine?

You experiencing a migraine headache which can last for days or weeks.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=symptoms

Mine started at about the age you are at and can easily be related to depression, as mine were.  I never went to a doctor for mine but found that many times aspirin would make them go away.  I took lots of aspirin - 3 at a time, and every hour or so.  I soon learned the symptoms of when they were coming on and could stop them with aspirin alone.  Eventually - about age 25 they came with flashing lights.

The teen years can be a very difficult time in life.  Your body including your brain is constantly changing and your hormones are running on nitro while your parents, church (if you belong to one), and society in general are screaming at you to be celibate, at which time you're trying to figure out the opposite sex.  The teen years really can be difficult and give yourself credit for getting to age 18.  At 18 you are old enough and smart enough to fight on the front lines for our country and kill people yet often times parents and relatives still treat you like an infant.

My headaches were related to childhood abuse, physical, mental, and sexual.  As you are growing up you have to rationalize that you are not being abused because you view your parents as "normal" maybe even perfect, even though they may yell at you, call you names, or even hit you.  If you feel you don't live up to their idealistic expectations - that is abuse as well.  So many of us create a lot of pain in childhood and don't acknowledge it because we feel that somehow it would be admitting that we are "weak" and we try to appear strong.

Do you ever have thoughts of suicide?  I did.  I eventually got through my depression and headaches with meditation, after a lot of searching and wandering.

I agree that what have been prescribed are probably not going to help your condition.  I suggest that you see if you can find some counseling and begin to work on that depression (without drugs) and if you delve into that, you will find what's behind your migraines.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)