CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The FDA and Homemade Herbal Formulas

unyquity Views: 25,783
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,578,433

Re: The FDA and Homemade Herbal Formulas

FDA and other agencies' "regulations" change with the wind.

Anybody that makes their own herbal formulas and offers them for sale is "at risk" for involvement and persecution by any number of 'regulatory agencies'...whether it's Constitutionally legal for the regulatory agency to persecute, or not :(

As you continue to search and learn, you will see many various disclaimers - some of which I feel are useless, others which cover many issues.

>>>But I had found that the FDA gets involved when you manufacture something for resale in another store. Also, you have to go by local Health Department Laws just as you would for a kitchen. Your labeling should have any cautions on them if you're selling them for internal or external use.<<<

I haven't found this is necessarily true at all. Of course, one has to follow 'health department' rules fundamentally, but the requirement will vary substantially state to state (folks that make 'homemades' to take to farmer's markets and the like are many times not required to meet any standard). As far as labels with "caution" for internal use...??? Do your research and interpret the 'regulations' in the best way you can for whatever it is you are considering making.

Making/selling herbal preparations is a serious "calling" and a substantially huge risk in many ways. We developed our "apothecary" LONG before we ever had any intention of 'selling' anything (we only wanted to provide ourself less expensive quality products and help a few family/friends).

Of course, good products are something that is needed (and I do encourage everyone to learn to formulate & make their own)...going into "business" selling herbs really is fraught with risks & dangers that have the very real potential of major court costs and other real issues that have the potential to destroy ones financial foundation.

So BE CAREFUL and do lots of research...and do NOT trust what "someone says"...that'll NEVER fly in court if something goes wrong.

Healthiest of blessings,

Unyquity

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)