CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Proper stoichiometric mixing of 22.4% MMS solution with 50% citric acid solution

SilverFox Views: 7,095
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,565,570

Re: Proper stoichiometric mixing of 22.4% MMS solution with 50% citric acid solution

Hello Stephan,

High concentration ClO2 solutions goes through some plastic like a hot knife through warm butter... [smile icon]

Keep in mind that agitation activates sodium chlorite solutions. I think you would be better off using water in your water pik, and rinsing with a sodium chlorite solution afterward. This also follows standard operating procedures for using these chemicals. You clean first, then disinfect.

The studies I have reviewed indicate that adding a little sodium chlorite to tooth paste is not as effective as brushing your teeth, then rinsing with a sodium chlorite solution afterward. I have also noticed this when adding sodium chlorite to soap for a mild disinfecting wash. It seems to be much more effective to wash first, then disinfect.

It may be a problem of degrees. If you have very few problems with oral hygiene, the toothpaste with the sodium chlorite may be all that is needed. However, if your mouth tends to build up deposits, the stronger mouthwash solution is needed.

Tom

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)