CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: just gotta say this, publicly.

wombat Views: 6,467
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,538,140

Re: just gotta say this, publicly.

The reason that Miss HF took so much flack in her early days here on the zone is that she DID HER HOMEWORK. She read every freakin post on io-sup, read them to the extent that she felt as though she "knew" all of us, that's my take on the situation anyway.

And io-sup has been the target of MUCH trolling, both from CZ members that didn't "like" us to suspected outside influences. read- pharma trolls. We were attacked endlessly. got a little battle-weary, throw in some PTSD for good measure.

So, someone comes in and "knows'. It was a little hinky, from the POV of those of us that had done our damnedest to protect that forum.

I am guilty of "snubbing" Miss HF, myself. We've gone past that, those days are long over. I apologize, publicly, now. We were wrong in our assessment. VERY wrong.

Besides that, the thread with which 92910 takes issue....I totally missed that one, never saw the pics. But ya know what? SO WHAT???? So she posted a not-so-happy pic as the "before" and a beautiful pic as the after. SO WHAT???? No, of course that will never be taken as "proof" of scientific success.
What it IS proof of, IMO, is self-esteem. And THAT is a huge part of health.
Hell, I posted a picture of my boobs because I loved them so much once the fibroids went buh-bye. Is that PROOF of anything? YES! to me, it's proof that I am no longer at odds with my body, that I would willingly post, publicly, a pic of my chest.

So, Miss HF, post away. Post all the pics you want, you're a beautiful young woman. You're also an artist, the visual is very important to you. Don't let anybody stop you.

It's obvious to me that if 92910 perceives that Miss HF is not doing well, ie, then that is good.

There is a term for the type of behavior that 92910 is exhibiting here-

Schadenfreude

from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

"...is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others."

"Alternatively, envy, which is unhappiness in another's good fortune, could be considered the counterpart of schadenfreude."

"A New York Times article in 2002 cited a number of scientific studies of schadenfreude, which it defined as "delighting in others' misfortune." Many such studies are based on social comparison theory, the idea that when people around us have bad luck, we look better to ourselves. Other researchers have found that people with low self-esteem are more likely to feel schadenfreude than are people who have high self-esteem.[21]"

"Brain-scanning studies show that schadenfreude is correlated with envy. Strong feelings of envy activated physical pain nodes in the brain's dorsal anterior cingulate cortex; the brain's reward centers (e.g. the ventral striatum) were activated by news that the people envied had suffered misfortune. The magnitude of the brain's schadenfreude response could even be predicted from the strength of the previous envy response.[23][24]"

This is SUCH COMMON behavior, in "real" life. It makes people feel better about themselves. It's twisted. We should all be looking for those that are doing well in this world to emulate, to learn from. We should NOT be tearing each other down.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (2)