Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
  Views: 12,597
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,526,217

Re: Hypoglycemia: what worked for you?

Hey Daniel,

I am sorry to hear about what you're going through with the blood sugar.

I developed hyoglycemia at 22. It runs on my father's side of the family. I grew up with my father having to eat a modified version of the Atkins diet with no fruit or white sugar ever. He has maintained it for 35 years with diet without becoming diabetic, but he has to eat on time or he cannot think straight, gets lighteheaded and fatigued. My father developed it in college where he passed out at work and fell onto a table. He did the glucose smack test and the doctor told him to eat candy bars whenever he felt hungry. He tried this and it made it worse. His father also had a milder version of it and he was really into nutrition. He advised my father what to eat to stabilize it.

When I started manifesting symptoms, I knew what it was from my father. Once I got on the same diet as he, which is like an Atkins or Zone diet with no white sugar, minimum carbs and higher protein, it stabilized. Everyone's curve is a little different and so different people can tolerate different things and different diets work better for some people. The other people I have known personally with it stablized it by making sure they ate protein as a staple in their differents.

I was commited to curing myself from hypo because I saw my father suffer for so many years. Also, my symptoms were pretty bad if I ate the wrong thing. Being in college, I also could not drink alcohol without bad effects, which was difficult. I had to go to the ER once from dizziness and difficulty breathing from not eating right (not drinking, just not eating correctly).

After having it for threee years, my natural doctor told me about how he had seen coconut oil cure diabetes. If you have not tried this, it might be very good for you. I immediately started this. I also started a radical Paleo diet called the Primal Diet at that time. Within 6 weeks, my hypo was gone and my blood sugar was stable again. When I say it was gone, I could return to eating white sugar if I wanted to without ill effects and go without eating protein for 5 hours wihtout a dizzy spell. In other words, I was mostly a-symptomatic. Over the years, my pancreas has continued to strengthen and now I can fast if I need to without a problem, but I take care of myself nutritionally.

I have been free of hypo for years now. I do not continue to eat the coconut oil daily but still eat it when I crave it. I do eat lots of unheated honey on the Primal Diet daily. From what I understand, the unheated honey is very healing for the pancreas, but it has to be unheated and many honeys labeled unheated and raw are still heated in the packing process (the tube is heated to make it flow faster). Honey pacifica is the best I've found. Once the honey is heated, it is processed by the pancreas as sugar and would most likely be a problem for someone with blood sugar issues like hypo..

Anyway, I do believe the coconut oil was key in my case and not the Primal Diet. I believe I could have cured my hypo in my case with just the coconut oil.  Many people worry about it because it is a fat, but coconut oil is a healthy fat and processed differently by the body. There are some books on it. I used unheated Spectrum brand and ate it throughout the day. There are testimonials online of some others reversing their diabetes with it. I could never find alot on hypo and it.

I also noticed a further improvement in my blood sugar after starting Iodoral, an iodine supplement, but I do not know why that happened.

Best WIshes for your Health!

Warm Regards,

Rosewater

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.123 sec, (2)