CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Kill the bad ones, Save the good ones!

Hveragerthi Views: 29,968
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,511,128

Re: Kill the bad ones, Save the good ones!

Kefir, in other words, would be "homemade yogurt" right? My parents, coincidentally.. have been making "homemade yogurt" in which they pour milk into a glass, and place a very rare Tibet mushroom inside and let it ferment at room temperature for 24 hours. And then it is apparently good to drink for good bacteria. Is that anything like the kefir you are thinking about?

Kefir is actually stronger than yogurt. Although I think the "Tibetian mushroom" is another name for kefir grains. I would let it ferment longer than 24 hours though. The more it ferments the more of the sugar is used up and the more beneficial acids that are produced. If you let it ferment long enough it will for a "cheese", which can still be eaten for the benefits.

Also, is the oat gran anything like FOS? Will it feed the Klebsiella as well as the good bacteria? How does it isolate?

Brans are a longer chain sugar molecule than FOS. Brans also provide vitamins and silica, which FOS does not. I doubt the brans will feed the Klebsiella, but either way you need fibers to feed your flora. This is their primary food source. And these benefical flora are what help prevent pathogen overgrowth in the intestines.

And yucca root, I will try and get that somewhere. I am curious though, you mentioned antibacterial properties.. would aloe vera (without the laxative ingredients) work as the same? I only ask because I might recall someone saying that it is somewhat similar (might be mistaken).

The anthraquinones found in the thin yellow layer of the aloe leaf are antiseptic, but they are also stimulant laxatives. These can weaken the intestinal muscles causing a laxative dependence after a few weeks. A lot of yucca's ability to kill pathogens comes from the sterols in the plant that bind to cholesterol in cell membranes of pathogens.

Regarding probiotics.. what do you think of Natren healthy trinity? I have been taking jarrow but apparently FOS is a big no no for Klebsiella.

I have never looked in to Natren's product.  I have focused on kefir more due to the wide variety of beneficial bacteria and the very low cost.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.359 sec, (2)