CureZone   Log On   Join
There's truly no comparison between the two (repost due to "editing error" Re: Garlic and oolloidal silver BOTH kill bad and good bacteria

unyquity Views: 9,104
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,388,218

There's truly no comparison between the two (repost due to "editing error" Re: Garlic and oolloidal silver BOTH kill bad and good bacteria

DQ -

I'm sure you and I both know our thoughts on Colloidal Silver are as far apart as the East is from the West.  That's not likely to change in this lifetime.

I surely do like garlic and echinacea - and I eat a lot of garlic as well as take echinacea whenever I feel cold-like symptoms.  'Glad to hear that :) I would point out a couple of things here:
First of all, ANY anti-fungal kills both good and bad bacteria and that includes garlic  which has over 100 antibiotic compounds.  No anti-fungal knows the difference between good and bad bacteria and that includes both garlic and colloidal silver.  Neither does any anti-fungal "know" what a good intestinal flora balance is.  Anti-fungals do not "know" anything - they simply kill bacteria. 

They both may kill indiscriminately (and that is debatable to many, apparently not to you).   Due to biological transmutations that cannot be replicated in a laboratory, there are those that claim garlic is VERY selective.  AND (you'll obviously be surprised to learn) garlic has a built-in prebiotic (inulin) that helps the body to recreate the microorganisms that may have been killed by it's use. (more on that below).  Thought, if garlic does destroy beneficial microorganisms (hence weakening the body), then why do we have these historical facts & reports: http://allicinfacts.com/hstry02.htm

So I would have to question how much difference there is in using garlic in large amounts versus using colloidal silver, which is a natural mineral that is essential to life itself, to kill pathogensActually, there is no rock or metal based mineral that is truly natural to the body, or that is essential to life...all necessary minerals can be obtained from healthy plants (that haven't been 'sterilized', assuming the intestinal tract is in working order).  And there's NO metal based mineral (in any form) that is essential 'for life itself' or to kill pathogens.  Pasteur's "germ theory" has been disproven by countless scientists (and Pasteur himself recanted it before he died, saying that Bechamps was correct, it's the terrain of the body that allows the pathogens to reproduce enough to cause illness).  Basically, pathogens don't cause illness anymore than mosquitoes cause a pond to be stagnant.  It's because the body is stagnant, that the pathogens proliferate

Rocky53 and I haven't had a cold or the flu for over 7 years - and we've never used anything but Echinacea...and Echinacea doesn't kill anything.  It merely enhances the immune system.

Either way you are putting an excess of a natural substance in your body and killing off both good and bad bacteria. EXCESS? There are many cultures where people eat several cloves of garlic a dayIt is your opinion (and that of alternative science, based upon allopathic science) that ingesting silver in a colloidal forum is a "natural" mineral.  It my my understanding that all rock & metal minerals are not meant to be ingested into the human body (it is a rare person that would pick up a rock or piece of metal and gnaw on it)...that's what plants are for :)  Plants uptake the rock/metal minerals and transmute them into a form that is perfect for the body.  Metals & rocks are not meant to be eaten - that "science" has made a way to break them down into such small particles that the body doesn't revolt immediately (or turn blue), doesn't make them natural.

>>>According to studies in India, garlic may actually benefit the good bacteria in the intestine, thereby improving digestion and enhancing the absorption of minerals. It has been used to re-establish good bacteria in the gut after an infection or antibiotic treatment.<<<
  For those that want to get 'technical' - that's because of the inulin in raw Garlic.  Do a search on inulin and find out how it benefits the beneficial bacteria in the body. 

Here's just two lil' blurbs, but there are thousands of blurbs and quite a 'studies' :

>>>Researchers tested an inulin-enhanced diet in piglets (a pig’s digestive tract is very similar to a human’s) and saw a 28% spike in iron absorption. Inulin boosts beneficial bacteria in the colon, says study co-author Ross Welch, PhD, a USDA plant physiologist at Cornell University. Other studies show it can aid calcium absorption as well. So go ahead, spice up your curry with a generous helping of onions and garlic.<<<

>>In conclusion, the results of this study suggest that the garlic and inulin supplement could
stimulate the microflora growth, particularly in subjects that have a relatively high intake of fat,
carbohydrate and dietary fibre, leading to an increase in colonic fermentation<<

Add that, to the MYRIAD of health benefits of garlic: http://allicinfacts.com/gstudy01a.htm ...and you'll plainly see there is no POSSIBLE comparison possible between the benefits of Garlic & Colloidal   Garlic kills pathogens, restores beneficial microorganisms, increases the assimilation of nutrients, plus
  • Cardiovascular disease: Atherosclerosis, post-heart attack therapy, post-stroke therapy, claudication
  • Respiratory conditions: Cold, flu, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, tuberculosis
  • Digestive disorders: Stomach ulcer, diarrhea, amoebic dysentery, worms, parasites
  • Skin problems: Acne, boils, eczema, fungal infections, insect bites and stings
...and has stood the test of CENTURIES to be safe.  The other kills pathogens, unbalances the beneficial microorganisms, has a few other benefits (which I'm sure you know of), and nobody really knows what long term use over decades will do. 

If colloidal silver were dangerous, where is there one single documented instance of true colloidal silver causing harm?  There isn't one.  Harm from virtually any kind of silver is in fact extremely rare.  DQ, I've heard you say that so many times, it's a broken record.   I myself have experienced cramps and lack of bowel activity (as have FIVE other people I know) from using Utopia's silver in the recommended amounts.  I don't CARE about 'single documented instances' - no one that's out to prove the benefits of CS is going to believe them anyway.  It kills and alters the microorganisms in our body upon which health & life is symbiotically dependant,  and then the body has to expend attention & energy to restore the balance- therefore it harms...end of story.  You recommend quality CS (the true colloid) to be used daily (for humans & pets).  Do you have any 'documented evidence' that is of the 'double blind' nature (that would count out the enormous variable) that PROVES it's safe for daily use for decades?  No you do not.  True CS hasn't even been made for decades.  Sheesh, people said the same thing about antibiotics for many decades.  They were wrong, and millions of people's health suffered drastically. 

What should be pretty much definitive proof is the infamous blue man, Papa Smurff Karason, who has been paraded back and forth across the country by the mainstream media - much to the glee of mainstream medicine - as "proof" of the dangers of colloidal silver.  In actuality, Karason took his own homemade large particle ionic silver which he contaminated with salt to produce silver chloride and he drank over a quart a day for over a year.  What is almost unreported is that Karason took a complete physical at Mount Sinai at the invitation of Good Morning America and was given a complete clean bill of health.  I doubt that very many people in the entire world have taken that much silver in any form for that long. 
I would also ask where are all the people who have developed candida fungal overgrowths from taking colloidal silver?  I don't find them, and I myself have taken large amounts of colloidal silver for extended periods with no signs of candida whatsoever.  As many people as there are who take colloidal silver, it that were a problem or if it were otherwise unhealthy, one would expect to find large numbers of unhealthy silver users around.  Just as if silver were really a threat to cause Argyria one would expect to see entire tribes of Smurffs roaming the planet. I never mentioned Argryria or Candida - methinks thou protestest too much. :)  

I have been on many forums discussing colloidal silver and have encountered many people who have a wrong opinion regarding it's safety.  Safety.  CS is certainly more than fluoridated antibiotics or letting an infection run rampant, and it stops the creation of 'superbugs'.   I encourage people to choose the substances with the least potential for harm...and I will continue to share the fact that the garlic/echinacea duo is far safer and far healthier for as long as my fingers are able to type and I have voice with which to speak.   The benefits of echinacea increase our body's first line of defense against cancer and cell mutation (amongst its myriad of other benefits): http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1193558

I have never once found anyone who could offer any proof other than their opinion that true colloidal silver is not safe.  One could even make the claim that silver is more natural and more essential than garlic - because actual silver receptors have been found on human cells (thus identifying it as an essential mineral) whereas I am not aware of any receptors for any unique compound found in garlic having ever been identified.  One could make ANY "claim" about silver (especially those profiting by it's sale) I don't deny the body needs trace levels of silver - I feel it should come from plants.  MORE essential?  That truly is laughable - see the links above.

The bottom line is that both garlic and silver are natural items.  That is definitely YOUR "bottom line" - and not mine, nor is it the 'bottom line' of those that believe & subscribe to truly fundamental natural health.  To me there is nothing natural about ingesting metal in a non-plant form - no matter HOW "colloidal" a machine or laboratory can make the size. 

Both are anti-fungal, both have many other benefits and both may be safely used for health benefits. You continue to insist that randomly killing off vast amounts of microorganisms is "safe" - the same was purported of antibiotics for decades.  I personally find that disturbing - but then "me" is not at issue.

Garlic has been around for a long time and it's benefits are proven in my mind.  Silver has been around in our soils, plants and water since the first days life was found on this planet.   And therein lies a difference that I see as substantial, and the root of the use of silver, and you don't.  I know that our body's natural balance is thrown out of kilter by using substances that are not natural to the body in their natural form, and that balance has to be regained BEFORE the body can start healing other things that are wrong it.  Homeostasis - the foundation of life.  Colloidal Silver alters it....and no probiotic rebalances it.  After throwing off the balance with colloidal silver, then we add in millions of probiotics (none of which have the perfect balance for anyone's individual body, and they all contain millions of dead microorganisms, which the immune/lymphatic system is burdened to remove).  It's a never-ending cycle that limits the body from healing.  Sure, it'll kill the germs - but there IS a better way.

I have yet to read of a healer that had a higher success ratio in curing all 'incurable diseases' than Dr. Schulze & Dr. Christopher. They both utilized nothing but foods, herbs, healthy oils and natural healing modalities (exercise, massage, hydro & heliotherapy).  Not only did they consistently beat cancer, but they did the IMPOSSIBLE. 

Dr. Christopher had  baby born blind, without optics nerves, that had vision within months; Dr. Schulze 'restored to perfect' the vascular deformities which which he was born; he regrew skin (impossible!) when it had been burned to the bone over a vast majority of his hand; Dr. Christopher had a patient with bone cancer that had eaten away 1-2 vertebrae completely...and the vertebrae regrew, first as cartilage, then as calcified bone (he had x-ray records); also a polio victims leg & food regrew & restored theirselves.  The body has the schematics hard-wired within it to do these things.  But the body can NEVER have the energy or the time to accomplish these miraculous healing when the body is constantly being thrown off it's natural balance/homeostasis by unnatural supplements & substances.  Once the homeostasis is achieved, the organs are cleansed and functioning, and the right foods & herbs are offered the body, the body HEALS. 

When it comes down to it, a tincture or solution made from natural plants is no more natural or unnatural than a solution made from elemental and natural silver.  I no more believe that colloidal silver is dangerous than I believe Bob Beck's warning against taking garlic because he maintains that it is a dangerous poison.  You have every right to believe what you choose and I have every right to believe what I want.  I believe (and am sure) that making a tincture from healing plants & herbs is FAR different than breaking down a piece of metal into colloidal-sized pieces. 

Please know in advance - I have over 25 emails that are awaiting responses, forum posts to answer, product orders to fill and 'life' to deal with.  I perceive you'll want to challenge my truths as untruths and 'get in the last word'. 

Unyquity

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (9)