CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Excellent post

mouseclick Views: 10,139
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,387,798

Re: Excellent post

Hi Stoneface,

Yes, the curezone email notifications don't work these days (for me anyway) so I did miss it.

My first water fast was in November 2007 and when I came off it after 27 days December, I found I had a craving for fresh fruit and vegetables, which was completely new to me. It is common for ones taste buds to be "reset" on a fast.

It was this healthy eating that was really making me lose weight, I believe, look at this graph -

Weight loss

The steady slopes between the Vs are the weight loss by eating, and the Vs are the fasts, and subsequent weigh gain.

There was a bit of weight gain over Christmas (so easy to do), then on 25th January 2009, I discovered nutritarianism, and since then I have lost weight quicker than by water fasting, much to my amazement. The difference between now and my previous healthy eating is no fish, meat, dairy, oils or fats, salt, processed food or sugar, and there have been very few exceptions to that rule.

I guess my increased weight loss since January is because I have improved my diet by cutting out bad stuff and adding good stuff, but also I think because my metabolic rate is higher now than when fasting, and I go to the gym every day (another first for me), making it even higher.

Its strange but as I get fitter I get increasingly annoyed with the fat around my waist, I am still just under BMI 27 and have at least another 20 pounds to shift. I get tempted to do another fast to "speed things up" then I look at the graph for a reality check and think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". But it's very frustrating.

I still have a few faults, eg I drink wine or beer now and then - that's a comforter and it relieves boredom, but it is not affecting the fact that I am working towards a goal and I have given up drinking completely for a year when fasting so I know I can do it again, and hopefully I will.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (1)