CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Low phosphorus levels (blood work)- Edited

bagsy Views: 13,633
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,383,764

Re: Low phosphorus levels (blood work)- Edited

Luella,

(apologizing for LONG post before I write it)

I haven't talked to my vet about it yet. In the past, she has always called and then faxed the results to me (I keep a copy of EVERYTHING ever since I went through large amounts of health issues with my last dog), but I had to drop off Haley this morning and just got a copy from the tech.

I will ask the vet when I pick up Haley this afternoon. She is having a molar pulled. I'm very stressed right now waiting, and I honestly feel like throwing up and crying while I wait. I don't think I ever had this much anxiety with Chewey's vet trips, even though she had surgery to repair and ACL, many tests for Cushings, etc. I periodically mess with Haley's mouth, ears, and feet to make sure she doesn't start getting upset with the groomers and vets in the future. She can be pretty nasty with certain things, and I don't want this to be an issue. That's when I noticed her upper, rear molar had part of the tip broken off and a fracture (almost like a flap of tooth) going clear up to the gums. I'm just so concerned because she has such a little mouth and seems to have less teeth than most dogs, and that molar is HUGE. I have heard that jaw fractures can occur from pulling molars. AHHHH!! I guess nothing bad has probably happened since it's 1:00 and they said I could call after 2:00 to see when she would be ready to leave. Right now she's probably there waiting for the anesthesia to wear off. I'm hoping the awful anxiety is from the fact that I'm just an EXTREMELY obsessive and overprotective mom and it's not an intuition thing.

About the iodine. I know that it is great for HYPOthyroidism (under active thyroid), but I have read differing opinions for HYPERthyroidism (over active thyroid). Most places I have read it is not good for hyper, but I have also seen a couple places that say it is.

I gave Haley Colloidal Silver in the past in her water, and she absolutely loves it. She did drink so much water when it was in there. However, she went through a period of severe itching and scratching, so I stopped giving it to her. I did find out after MONTHS that the main cause of itching was possibly from a "natural" shower spray. I'm also starting to think there's something up with the distilled water I was giving her. I don't have a distiller, so I just buy it in gallons at the local grocery store or Wal-Mart. I've tried the Colloidal Silver a couple times and she starts scratching each time. However, I was using the distilled water. Just a week ago I gave her some distilled water with nothing in it, and she has been scratching. I'm just wondering if it could be something in the plastic. I get it from 2 different places, so that confuses me. Plus, I used to give her only distilled water and there was not a problem. Maybe they changed the formula of the plastic. Would it hurt to give her the Colloidal Silver in filtered tap water? I have been putting sodium chlorite (essentially very weak version of unactivated Miracle-Mineral-Supplement ). Should I stop putting that in it if I use the colloidal silver?

Sorry again for the long post. I just have a lot of issues,questions,problems, etc.

Mindy

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)