This is a reply to # 127,280

Examples of people who developed chronic diarrhoea

Here is an excerpt from discussion on

The Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum
http://www.medhelp.org/perl6/Gastro/wwwboard.html

Topic: Gallbladders

robin3
(11-Mar-02) .

I had my gall bladder removed in Aug. of 2001. There were no stones.. they said it had lost it's ability to contract and empty. They removed it through the scope.

Since then I've developed diarrhea, lost 24lbs, and have pain in my left upper back area below the shoulder blade. I can't eat anything that is high in fat, it causes cramps and within 15 minutes I have diarrhea. I also have problems with fatigue that comes and goes with no specific pattern.
I've put myself on a low-fat diet that seems to have slowed the diarrhea, which in turn has slowed the weight loss. I know I need to go to the doctor, but I'm still trying to pay off my gall bladder surgery. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

MeanOleRedHead66
(11-Mar-02) .

I have had much the same problems. The pain in the back is terrible sometimes. I hardly ever go out to eat anymore because of the dumping syndrome. But there are meds to help with that. I can't take thme personally because of meds allergy, but my Nurse practitioner gave me one to help. I'll have to ask her what it was called when I go there this afternoon.

The fatigue I suffer from is from Chronic Fatigue syndrome and Fibromyalgia. (FMS has trigger points located in the same area as you describe your pain as being in.) Testing is the only way you can be diagnosed with FMS or CFS, I should say Blood testing.

Is there an FIA (Dept. of Social Services) near you? If you don't have insurance you may be eligible for medical assistance even if you aren't eligible for State aid. You should call them and ask what forms you need to fill out, what type of info they will base their decision on and where and when to fill the paperwork out. You may not be eligible for their help, but they might be able to point you in the direction of someone that can help you.
I hope this info was helpful. I hope you feel better soon!
{{{HUGZ}}}
Denise

kajo
(11-Mar-02) .
I TOO SUFFER FROM Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome AND FMS ALONG WITH THESE ABDOMINAL PROBLEMS. MINE SEEMS TO BE GERD. HOW DO YOU DISTINGUISH WHICH PAINS ARE FROM WHAT DISEASE? SOME DAYS I JUST FEEL LIKE EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH ME PHYSICALLY. ALSO, DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS ANY CONNECTION BETWEEN FMS AND GERD? ANY INFO AT ALL WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

TerryLynn
(11-Mar-02) .
My mom had trouble digesting fats after her gallbladder surgery. Her body eventually adjusted. It's only been half a year for you, give it time. Or it could be unrelated to your gallbladder surgery.

MeanOleRedHead66
(11-Mar-02) .
I have a few links that a friend of mine sent about FMS and the problems that go along with it. If you would like, you can email me and I will send the addresses to you.
I don't know if there is a true connection but they do seem to go hand in hand.

HUGZ
Denise

kruizenkat
(12-Mar-02)
meanolered, I have been told for 10 years i have fibermalgia. and now they tell me liver desease, after a biosey they took....i am too confused on what pains are from what.....i notice that i was feeling all the little pains that they said i should not be experiancing....after sergery ( nov 28 ) then had a heart cath, for when coming out of sergery i had wrong heart beats. and the good news no artery clogs....but where they put the needle in for cath still hurts and that was done on dec 10. and they are telling me they dont see how...i think if you have fibermaligia, which as far as i know there is no blood test for it, we feel thinks for alot longer and alot more intence than others do when it comes to nerve endings....char

MeanOleRedHead66
(13-Mar-02) FMS § Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome sufferers I found this article about Fibromyalgia and intesital Infections. I thought it was pretty interesting.
http://go1.warp9ems.com/go.pl?tu=9524659-3590

While there may be no "blood work" that can tell you you have it or you don't, there is one (a mono screen, I think its called) for Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome and since CFS and FMS go hand in hand (for the most part) that was how I was diagnosed.

I am printing this article to take with me to my next appt. with my primary doc. I don't know if it will do any good, but looking for something is better than doing nothing.

HUGZ
Denise

kruizenkat
(15-Mar-02)
red head well you just that mean ole red head to that doctor....seems like some of these doctors just seem to busy to take time out for really hearing thier patients...i have been begging for something to take my pain away and even gastrol dr. tells me i dont know what it could be...???realated to gastrol that would cause this kind of pain...has i read this site and hep site i do believe differently now....how can so many of us have nothing.

hollyp
(11-Apr-02) .
I have the same symptoms as you, robin3. Dumping is the most stressful. And it does not matter what I eat. I eat healthy nutritious foods, whole grains and they treat me the same as greasy pizza. And no, it does not get better with time. My sister is the same way and I have a college that has suffered so for years. The medicine they like to prescribe is Bentel which is an anti-spasm med. meant to stop the spasms in your gut. I use it and it USUALLY works. The colleague who has been like this for years says that the Bentel no longer works for her. And her pain has increased putting her in the hospital a couple of times.
I think that the Docs ignore this whole issue. Any pattern like this should be obvious to the whole profession.
A friend who does consulting told me of one of his clients who complained of the same thing. Her doc said “oh you had your gall bladder out?” “Yes how did you know?” DUH. He prescribed something and my friend gave me her number. If I find something new I will post. Other wise
Hey sorry for sounding witchy but three years of this is really getting to me…..

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.159 sec, (3)