CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: new here and desperate for pmdd help!!!

PrincessLeia Views: 11,800
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,056,634

Re: new here and desperate for pmdd help!!!

I can identify so well with these posts.

After I had my third child, my hormones never returned to 'normal.' I could take feeling a little snappy & blue near my period, but the severe mood swings, small tolerance, cloudiness of mind, etc that started after I had my last baby really super sucks.

Like the women who posted the first post, I wished there was an easy answer. I won't take hormones (because I don't believe in putting synthetic hormones in my body continuously like that) and I also won't take anti-depressants.

I love my vitamins, especially the B's, and I've been trying to find an herbal cocktail that will support me better during those times.

I personally found the Western medical community very unhelpful. They just offered some pills (birth control & antidepressant) and had nothing else to offer me. I told them I'd rather get pregnant again to stop this rather than take those drugs. One midwife's response was, "Well, that certainly is an extreme type of hormone therapy!"

I firmly believe that taking the time to pray &/or meditate as well as do a yoga practice is very important to coping with this. I also believe that being conscience of your thoughts & behaviors and then purposefully changing them is essential.

I personally find it hard to do the prayer, meditation & yoga as my family is so demanding. When my 3 kids aren't constantly trying to get my attention for something, my husband is. I haven't figured out quite how to get around that yet. I do wonder if I had a passive stream of income that could allow for me to work less, pay for the kids to be involved in more (sports, camps, etc), and have the money for my husband to engage in a hobby, that I would be able to find that time.

Nevertheless, it is very comforting to read the challenges that you other women are having as it affirms that I'm not alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only crazy women in the world. Not that I'm happy anyone is suffering, but it validates that what I'm going through is REAL and that it DOES take a lot of effort to overcome.

Thanks.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)