CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Involuntary vomiting immediately after eating.

humor Views: 114,437
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,171,019

Re: Involuntary vomiting immediately after eating.

I have the same problem. I am 34, it started when I was 23 and lasted for about 6 months. My doctor questioned me several times as to wheter or not I was doing it on purporse. It was horrible, I would vomit within a half an hour of eating, every time, no matter how much or how little I ate. If I ate two crackers, I would feel very full, not nauseus, just extremely full and vomit. Sounds disgusting, but if I vomited on a plate, you wouldn't even know that the food was previously eaten. It would appear to not digest at all. I had several tests done and none showed any problems. I was not losing any weight, which I was told by doctors was impossible. I was put on a medication called Propulsid, which worked very well,until it was discovered that the medication was causing heart attacks in young people and I had to stop taking it. The vomiting did not continue after I stopped taking the medication. Due to not finding anything specifically wrong, the doctor determined that I had gastrointestinal paresis, which means that there is a muscle in the digestive tract that has a paralyzed funciton. The actual muscle itself is not paralyzed, but one specific function of that muscle is paralyzed. With me, the condition comes and goes. It has happened three times, several years apart, each lasting for several months at a time.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)