CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: TMAU Testing at the Mayo Clinic

Views: 10,912
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,225,916

Re: TMAU Testing at the Mayo Clinic

Im not sure. I suppose it would have been mission accomplished if the Dr had said you were smelling :) I think it should be ok. As long as they find enough tma or tma-oxide, it should be an ok challenge. Preferably tma-oxide (the non-smelly finished product). you could ask Annie Capua or the yahoo forum or whatever.

Im not sure what the protocol is. I know it involves a choline challenge in the USA and UK, but in Australia I think the tester tells them to eat fish and eggs for a few days or something. Also I think it may normally be a sample from a collected 24 hour amount. But as long as theres enough tma and/or tma-o, preferably if you were smelling :), I would guess it's reliable.

Personally I don't think tma is responsible for anything other than a fishy smell. I think of it more likely to be FMO Body Odor , but TMAU testing is the only show in town. TMA is an FMO3 substrate.

Well done in getting a medical doctor to test you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)