CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: cataracts

Views: 1,944
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,131,793

Re: cataracts

"It is an easy procedure to get your cataracts removed. I know several people who had it done and it does not hurt and they all see great now."

It is easy, very easy.  I was in casual street clothes for the procedure and on a cart when they were prepping me for the first surgery (about a 45 minute, painless routine), and I was on an IV and obviously being given some kind of "relaxant."  (I am not a drug user, street or prescription of any kind, though I do have a little alcohol every week or two.)  I told the nurse that I was definitely coming back to get the second eye done just for the high.  Her response was "Today it's legal."  What a kick.  My vision wasn't particularly obstructed by the cataracts but what was happening is that I was blinded by the light when I went out doors and had to wear dark glasses all the time.  Sunny days were painful.

When the eye bandage was removed on the day after the first procedure I was astounded at the colors.  I hadn't seen colors in many decades.  I wasn't seeing in totally black and white, but it wasn't far from it.  The second eye was done about five weeks later.  They don't do both at the same time in case there is any complications with surgery on an eye.  My distance vision is now 20/20 and I need just a bit of magnification for reading.  Had I known how great it would be to have them removed, I would have done it much sooner.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)