You should read my post on how I beat Ulcerative Colitis.
I suppressed my ulcerative colitis 10 years ago and after 10 years of hell, I've finally beaten Candida. I was forced to do this after getting liver hepatitis/cancer which I've also beaten now as well.
I strongly recommend not just reading what I've written here and instead continuing your education and reading some of the books I've recommended below.
There are many factors involved in causing UC and Candida! And you have to treat this as a laundry list and make sure you eliminate as many factors as possible. As you eliminate each factor you will get one step closer to being healthier.
Don't let anyone or anything deter you from getting well from UC, Candida, or liver hepatitis/cancer.
------------ VX's Ulcerative Colitis and Candida protocol --------------
1) Say NO to Drugs: Drugs can help you with your short term health, but they are recipe for disaster for your long term health. I would highly recommend avoiding the use of all rx drugs, especially steroids. If you are currently on medication of any kind, try to develop a plan (consult your doctor) to wean yourself off it.
If I had taken cortico steroid enemas like my MD wanted, I don't believe I'd still have my colon today. I know of two young men who were in my exact situation and took the steroids, neither one works today and one is missing his colon and eliminates waste out of a plastic tube in his chest. Don't let this happen to you.
2) Stop Eating List: What you don't eat is more important than what you eat. Eating good food is not going to help if you're also eating food that will poison your digestive system. You want to eat LESS food, not more.
All of these foods will make your underlying condition worse.
Don't Eat: Microwaved food/drinks, aspartame, processed (junk) food, sweets, anything with sugar, any alcohol, soy, white breads, soft drinks (diet or non-diet).
Limiting these foods is a basic Candida diet and will help you get out of the "danger zone". It will also help your transition to a better diet.
It bears repeating:
- Stay away from Aspartame, Aspartame
kills, it will make brain fog ten times worse and is very bad for the head area.
- Dangers of Soy: The so-called health food is actually one of the unhealthiest foods to eat. It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.
- Read Trash the microwave and Why you shouldn't use your microwave, you'll never use them again. I call my microwave my "shitbox". Between eating microwaved food every night and eating microwaved fast food for lunch, I feel this was a big factor in my health declining further.
3) Cleasing Diet (Fruitarian): The best and fastest way to cleanse your body is to use a cleansing diet such as a fruitarian diet. If you eat almost all fruit for 1 month (some lettuce and veggies allowed), it's almost a guarantee you will dramatically improve your health.
One of the first steps I used in beating ulcerative colitis and Candida is I went on a raw uncooked fruitarian diet. After I started the diet my Candida problem went away and I'm living life again. It's explained extensively in the book "Dying to Get Well" and "The Miracle of Fasting". I believe this is one of the fastest ways to beat Candida and after reading hundreds of posts on Curezone, the only people who have beaten Candida in the long term used this diet.
It's fairly simple:
- Find some fruits you like to eat
- Eat a single fruit for a meal, and only that fruit, no other food
- Eat as much as you like
- Once a day eat a salad (with only a vinegar or OO (Olive-Oil)
- Once a week mix 2-4 raw eggs into some juice and drink
For example, apples for breakfast, plums for lunch, oranges for dinner.
Note: Most people should be ok, but the following is for those who are very sick.
- GO SLOW. Start with one fruit meal every 3 days, then transition from there at whatever pace you feel is right.
- Eating fruit makes you detoxify and some people are so toxic, a fruit diet can make you feel ill. If you start to feel unwell or you start to get allergies or hives, either slow down more or find a fruit that better agrees with you. Eat more vegetables for awhile.
- If you prefer, you can also handle the majority of the detoxification process through water-only fasting for 4+ days. This means the only thing you put into your mouth for 4+ days is water only. No supplements of any kind.
If you don't eat mono-meals with fruit, you should read more about food combinations which I won't go into here.
NOTE: Fruitarian is a cleansing diet, not a long term (healing) diet. It should only be used for around 1-3 months. After this I recommend using the diet in the book "We Want to Live" by Aajonus Vonderplanitz. If you prefer to be more vegetarian (although in my experience it's less effective) the ultimate diet from Dr Bass is also good. Links to both books are in the "Knowledge is Power" section.
Some people claim they cannot tolerate fruit of any kind. I recommend starting off SLOW with fruit meals. If you feel strongly that you cannot do this, I recommend water-only fasting which is described below, before moving onto the Primal diet.
4) Kill Candida: If you are in a crisis health state, I recommend you take something to kill the Candida, at least in the short term.
There are many anti-fungals on the market but the one I’m going to recommend is ThreeLac.
It’s a combination of antifungal and probiotic.
My UC stopped when I started taking the drug called Nilstat (or Nystatin) 9 years ago. Unfortunately, I can't recommend this as a long term solution to UC. Each year you take it, it will damage your liver until you are very unhealthy. After I used it for 9 years, my health bank steadily declined until I was out of funds and I was very sick once again.
Many people have also had great success with Oil of Oregano.
I found “Candida kits” from health food stores are only “ok” at best. Single herbal treatments for Candida (like kits with just caprylic acid) didn’t do anything for me at all. Kits with multiple herbs in them, often with both a pill and a tincture, were “ok”. They are a last resort but they could help somewhat if you’re desperate.
None of these anti-fungals will help you much if you don’t eat right.
I don't think you should use anti-fungals for the long term, just to get out of your "crisis". I currently do not take any anti-fungals.
Cleanse: If you have Candida you probably also have parasites, in any case you owe it to yourself to kill them as well. No one thinks they have parasites
in North America, but the truth is 95% of us have harmful parasites
that sap our health, energy and well-being. They can be a major factor in many diseases including cancer.
The best way to remove parasites
from your body is to make your body a place they don’t want to be. There are two great products out there for removing parasites.
The Barefoot Herbalist has his Dewormer product which I consider the best. Liquid format.
There is also a good product in pill format called Humaworm, that also works well, and it's a little cheaper if you're on a budget.
Even if you don't feel or see anything, I recommend you stay on the entire 1 month program. Sometimes people will not see results until week 4. Keep a journal before the cleanse and after the cleanse and note your energy and moods. Diarhhea and floating feces often indicate the presence of parasites.
After the one month, if you find parasites or it helped a lot, take 1 dose per week as maintenance. All people should be deworming at least once every year.
A good product for maintenance is Oil of Oregano, since it is also an anti- parasite
cleanses that the parasites cannot adapt to.
6) Bowel Cleansing: Your intestines are large and are filled with filth from a life time of poor eating habits. They hold pockets of toxins and poisons, and until you remove them they will poison you forever.
I recommend Humacleanse (from Humaworm) as your first colon cleanse. It's very cheap and effective.
Alternatively, you can also use psyllium and Bentonite
(P+B) shakes. Humaworm uses psyllium but it also has herbs that strengthen the bowel.
After a month or more of the Humacleanse (and eating more organic food), I'd recommend the Lower Bowel Balance product from Barefoot, which doesn't contain any psyllium.
7) Liver Flush: The liver is the garbage can of the human body, responsible for removing all of the toxins from your blood. If you had Candida, you are also suffering from autointoxication and your liver needs help. Your liver cleans your blood supply and if it's not functioning well, nothing else will either.
is one of the most profound things that you can do for your health and most people are amazed at the results.
One flush will provide at most a few days of relief. I had to do 14 flushes to start to see any results at all and I've now done 34 Liver Flushes
and I still feel more will be beneficial. (However, I flush only once per month now compared to once every 2 weeks).
I recommend the Dr Sutter coke flush. I recommend using Epsom Salts
before and after the flush like The Clark Flush
Do NOT do a Liver Flush
before doing a parasite
I also recommend a liver tonic. You can find liver/digestive tonics from your local herbalist (do not get them from the health food store, they are crap) or from Barefoot. They should be cheaper from your local herbalist.
8) Heavy Metals and Environment Detox: Many people who suffer from Candida have heavy metal or other environmental poisoning.
The most common source is from your metal fillings, cavitations (when you have wisdom teeth removed, and other dental work such as crowns or root canals.
I was personally poisoned by the metal fillings (mercury amalgams) in my mouth. It's the root cause of many of my problems I believe. Silver fillings, root canals, and other oral problems as a major contributing factor in many people’s health problems. In many studies now, up to 90% of people with major illness reported a significant improvement in their health after removing their mercury fillings. Between leaching metal into your body constantly and generating an electomagnetic current, they are quite devastating to our health.
I’d advise learning more about removing mercury fillings though before proceeding however, if done incorrectly it has made some people sick up to 9 months. Statistic show that 64% of people who have their mercury fillings removed by regular dentists actually have their symptoms become worse.
After months of research I've come to the conclusion that the only dentists that I want to do my dental revision are Dr Huggins trained. Goto http://www.drhuggins.com
and order their client preparation guide (and free book offer) and find out why. They are light years ahead of all other dentists, even one's that know about mercury poisoning.
Other sources of environmental poisoning are a factor but are relatively minor imo compared to your dental work, but anything you can do will help. For more information on environmental poisoning, read Dr. Clark’s book “ The Cure For All Diseases
”. The most common sources of environmental poisoning (besides dental work) are problems with your water supply (you need a water distiller), vitamins + supplements (it's tragic but most supplements harm your long term health), and other personal care products (shampoo, toothpaste, soap).
9) Other cleanses: There are other foods and herbs that can improve your health and and should be considered.
- Kidney Cleanse: I recommend Barefoots kidney cleanse, but you can also try making the Hulda Clark
- Lung Cleanse: Barefoot has an Air Restore product, if you're interested in speeding up the healing of your lungs.
- Oregano Oil: A (god quality) Oregano Oil helps with many things. It's also anti-parasitic and kills parasites that can't otherwise be killed. It takes time though.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Bragg's apple cider vinegar helps in a variety of ways, especially with the kidneys. For more details read Braag's "The Miracle of Fasting" and/or his Apple Cider Vinegar book.
- Fresh air: A very overlooked method of detoxification.
- Sunlight: You can get 20K of vitamin D by being in 20 minutes of sunlight per day. Don't overdo it. Extremely important for depression.
- Olive oil: It's good to take 2 tablespoons a day in a beverage.
10) Fasting: Some people claim they cannot fruit of any kind. If that is the case you MUST do water-only fasting instead, eventually working up to a 10-day fast.
Water-only fasting is one of the best ways to detoxify. It is also the healthiest and fastest way to lose weight (without leaving extra skin behind). It also gives permanent energy, increases speed of thought, creativity, and muscle performance. It cleans your river of life, your blood.
Fasting takes knowledge to do properly. If you don't read a book on fasting, it's likely you won't have the determination or knowledge to do your fast properly. The book "The Miracle of Fasting" will give you all the information you need.
I won't lie to you, fasting is hard to do and on your first 4-day fast you will need almost 100% rest, but the payoff from doing several fasts is worth the effort.
11) Knowledge is power
All of the following books have given me a great understanding of health and let me take total control of it. There is so much crappy advise when it comes to health (and I've wasted a lot of time reading some of it), hopefully I save you some time and energy.
"We Want To Live" (Aajonus Vonderplanitz): The most important book you need to learn about are the two books from Aajonus Vonderplanitz. This is the diet I live by today and I'm doing very well on it, close to 100% recovery and I believe I'll be better than I was 10 years ago. It introduced me to the primal diet, which has great elements to heal.
"Dr Bass Website and PDFs" (Dr Bass): Introduced me to the truth and healing power of all of the different diets (through mice studies) and the importance of raw proteins like raw eggs. Also introduced me to natural hygiene.
"Dying to Get Well" (Shelley Keck): Introduced me to the fruit diet and is a great introduction to other health strategies. Shelley beat fibromyalgia and depo provera poisoning.
"The Miracle of Fasting" (Paul Bragg): Bragg introduced me to fasting and the basics of living a healthy lifestyle. Bragg beat his "incurable" case of tuberculosis when he was 16 (doctors gave up on him) and lifted weights, surfed, and ran in his 90s. He died at age 96 in a surfing accident.
"The Cure to All Diseases" ( Hulda Clark
): Clark introduced me to the fact that parasite cleanses can help many people, Liver Flushes
work great, and that we can all live better by reducing the toxicity of our environment (particularily mercury fillings).
Curezone is a community of people sharing health information. You can ask questions there about virtually anything.
I hope this information helps someone in some way like prior authors have helped me. If it does let me know.