CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I'm going to grow Wheatgrass Outdoors - help?

finallyfaith Views: 9,968
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 98,704

Re: I'm going to grow Wheatgrass Outdoors - help?

i am not an expert on composting. mostly i ahve just kept of bunch of rotting food stuff out back and kept adding to it. proper composting requires temperature control, adding microorganisms etc. it just depends on how deep into it you want to get. if you turn the root system upside down and keep something over it to keep out sunlight, like a plastic bag or burlap sack, and compost it it will not keep growing. in fact that is a perfect base for composting. remember to get two cuttings off your grass, try to see if you can get three but it may not be possible, as the grow rate will slow.

also try this, if you are cutting the grass and then waiting till you get home to juice it then you will want to take along a container of water. put the grass clippings in the water right away. take directly from the water and into the juicer. this will keep the grass hydrated and fresh. don't let it sit out in the sun or it will wither and die.

as far as freezing goes, a freind of mine did it and said it worked alright but not great. i would say experiment. refrigerating the grass does not work, it dries out fairly quickly. i would be willing ot bet it would keep at least one or two days in the water if the container is refrigerated and covered however.

another thing you can do is to juice the grass, drink as much as you want immediately and then take the rest and add it to a 1/2 gallon of water with some lemon juice. this will keep at least a day maybe longer. its not quite the same as fresh juice but you will definitely get a good boost off of it.

well good luck and let us know how things go i will be interested.

ff

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)