CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: sluggish gallbladder - what causes it?

joshua45 Views: 20,655
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 96,836

Re: sluggish gallbladder - what causes it?

Possibly... A number of your symptoms might be related to your liver and gall bladder functioning..but without more information it would be impossible to say. It could be any number of organ systems or disease states.

It seems to me that you are 'guessing' or trying to diagnose yourself. That could be potentially dangerous. COnsidering your symptoms, I would think a good diagnostic workup by an internist might be in order... At the very least, I would get a SMAC 24 (a good blood work up) and a decent physician to interpret what your dealing with. The low liver function may be due to other factors or disease states.. OR could be the primary organ system that is causing problems. Again, without adaquate data, its impossible to tell.

Forgive me for this assumption but if you have had these symptoms for 3 years... what have you or your doctor been doing up to this point? Do you need another doctor? or are you avoiding and only recently started to go to a physician?? While non of your symptoms sound life threatening, if in fact, your liver is only functioning at 20%..THATS NOT GOOD.

There are SOOOOO MANY things that could effect your liver function that again, without some more history, it is impossilbe to determine WHY your GB & liver and struggling. THings like Heavy metals, Chemicals, poison, lead, alcohol, genetic predisposition, etc. etc. etc. Again.. Please get yourself checked out... YOU CAN NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT A LIVER OR WITH A SEVERELY DISFUNCTIONAL LIVER. Your liver FEEDS the gall bladder (concentrates bile salts & enzymes). Your liver and Gall bladder are seperate yet closely related organs.. you can function without a gall bladder but not without a liver.

Bottom line, you need a good diagnostic workup. This would include your spending some time looking at Family History, diseases or genetic predispositions. I am NOT trying to frighten you, but your body has been 'talking to you' for three years now (all your symptoms).. I'm just not sure what it is saying. Hense the purpose of the medical workup.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.199 sec, (1)