CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: R.G., everyone, I am wondering...

poppycane Views: 1,828
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 960,877

Re: R.G., everyone, I am wondering...

Hi Fledgling

Re the Okra pepsin thingummybobajiggle...

When I first started cleansing I did. after several months. pass what appeared like knobbly intestines, which were rubbery.
I was by this time taking a digestive enzyme tablet, one of the listed enzymes was 'PEPSIN' thinking..... could this have helped to remove some of the mucus build up?

I still take a multi enzyme, and more recently since taking humanatea and several herbal supplements like fenugreek, fennel seed, burdock root, oregano, etc etc I am regularly passing mucus, but very thin, not thick and solid, I know some of the herbs I am taking are or produce mucilage (not sure what that is yet, not had time to research properly, but I believe these are helping prevent the build up of this thick rubbery mucus on my intestines, the bloating is reducing too, so maybe I'm onto something, will keep you updated.

I too, still eat foods that produce a lot of mucus, ice cream, cheese on toast etc.

Bestest
P

Just looked up 'mucilage' and here is one definition:-
mucilage

Main Entry: mu·ci·lage
Pronunciation: myü-s(-)lij
Function: noun
1 : a gelatinous substance of various plants (as legumes or seaweeds) that contains protein and polysaccharides and is similar to plant gums
2 : an aqueous usually viscid solution (as of a gum) used in pharmacy as an excipient and in medicine as a demulcent

Human uses
Mucilage is edible, but tastes rather bland. It is used in medicine for its demulcent properties. Traditionally marshmallows were made from the extract of the mucilaginous root of the marshmallow plant and due to the demulcent nature of the extract, worked as a cough suppressant. Some carnivorous plants with mucilage are used for the traditional production of a dairy product in Sweden, called filmjölk.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (1)