CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: ~Follow up on Coke's Claim It's Good for Hydration~

Ohfor07 Views: 3,518
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 951,678

Re: ~Follow up on Coke's Claim It's Good for Hydration~

From even way back 40 years ago in elementary school, I remember the teacher who made a dramatic point to tell the class that he kept an emergency stash of Coca Cola in his desk JUST IN CASE there should ever be a student go into a sugar-depletion seizure (blood sugar anomaly). As it tured out, just in my small 20-something 6th-grade class, there were two such students said to be candidates for having spur-of-the-moment blood-sugar-related seizures.... and here we are 40 years later heraring/seeing tell of the situation that claims soda pop itself is a likely cause for many people, especially children, developing various diseases in the way their body handles/senses/regulates blood-sugar. .  

Somewhere in his collective work Oracles & Origins, Michael Tsarion devotes an entire program Subversive Use of the Media, and in that program he states multple times that a Mc Donalds (of golden-arches infamy) advertising executive freely & proudly admitted (here paraphrased) "our job is to sell people stuff they don't want, and we continue to succeed exceptionally in this endeavor".

Here are a couple different references to the book Propaganda authored around 1928 by Bernays - spawn of Freud. The first reference provides several relevant exerpts from the first 120-some pages of the book. The second is provided  for it's telling quote (excerpted here), and the third seems to be most of the book (if not the entire book) with a table of contents that follows after a lead-in quote from Noam Chomsky's book:

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Propaganda/Propaganda_Bernays.html

http://a-albionic.com/pages/Propaganda_by_Edward_Bernays.htm 

Bernays (assistant to William Paley, head of CBS): Those who manipulate the organized habits and opinions of the masses constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country....we are dominated by a relatively small number of persons....as civilization has become more complex....the technical means have been invented and developed by which opinion may be regimented....I must lead the people. Am I not their servant?

http://www.historyisaweapon.org/defcon1/bernprop.html

Back to the soda pop abomination, from my observations the Coke v Pepsi aspect of our cutlture itself is an interesting phenom to study. This one aspect of many is one example of many that seems to fit well the pattern of our collective culture's tendency to be led through their lives by the traditional two-prevailing-choices system, whether it be the two-party, one team political system, or two-soda-giants'-and-their-growing-family-of-products system; Coke-Red, Pepsi-Blue. If there is somebody out there looking to do a legitimate study of something, consider a genuine study of voters by the millions to see if by chance these people generally are found to be unwittingly suffering conditions that result from being severely dehydrated.

There is an increasing soda-pop-sales phenom that is found as one peruses the street-level, neighborhood sections of retail commerce where all sorts of small shops are found. Be it a local restaurant, an ice-cream parlor, a small convenience store, a vending machine, even a fast-food outlet, one is likely to find that this small shop provides either one family of products (Blue), or the other (Red). I've observed this phenom at various outlets just around the small community here. On a whim one day, in part to satisfy my hunch, I asked a local merchant that runs a family restaurant that's been in business for about 35 years, and they confirmed for me, the way the discount racketeering system works for those who are plugged into the soda pop distribution (for resale) food chain, those in place higher up in the chain generally give more discount to the buyers below them IF the merchant agrees to feature at their shop/business only one family of products, or the other.  In other words, a shop that features either pop/beverage products owned by the Pepsi brand, or all Coke products, is told that they will get a better discount deal. Figuratively, as well as literally, this is a great example of how, even at many of the out-of-the-mainstream-way small shops one may frequent day in and day out, the Are You Blue, or are you Red? decision has been pre-decided for you. In this light, it may make sense to use Pepsi or Coke to wash down a meal of "food" that is in part already pre-digested before it passes your lips :) 

The ideal way to hydrate the body is through drinking plain unadulterated water, drinking plain water that has been supplemented with perhaps a bit of natural plant ingredients added to make a natural tea, absorption through placing the body in unadulterated water, or eating organic substances that naturally contain a form of water; fruits or vegetables are an ideal example. Alcohol dehydrates. The modern-day abomination known as soda pop dehydrates, plain and simple, no ifs ands or buts no matter what some agency with an agenda, or marketing firm, or study-group may want to tell you to the contrary. Aside from profit and disease, about the only other consequence to come from falling in for the contrary view that some agency, marketing firm or study-group wants to tell you about the so-called merits of soda pop, is that this may well succeed in leading you away from the simple formula required for the human body to become hydrated, and towards the chain reactions of somebody else's profitting from your falling, followed by your disease, followed by evern more of someobdy else profiting from your condition of disease.   

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.099 sec, (4)