CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thyroid meds -- so wonderful I HAVE to share!

Views: 14,856
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 949,137

Re: Thyroid meds -- so wonderful I HAVE to share!

I'm between 40 and 50 years old :)

I've been hypothyroid for 22 years. For the last 8 I've been fat, and nothing I did changed that very much up or down. The weight gain was caused by a doctor taking away my thyroid meds for 9 months after another doctor accidentally put me on double the dose I actually needed (in a foreign country). I gained 50 pounds in the first 4 months.

When I began to place Armour under my tongue, I started losing weight. I've lost 21 pounds in 3 months, and have done nothing deliberately different, except that having thyroid evenly throughout the day, and in my bloodstream more efficiently, has made me feel less hungry ... so I suppose if you measured what I eat now, it would probably be less. I am not *trying* to diet to lose weight, I just eat when I am hungry, and feel satisfied more than I did before.

So, in a nutshell, any taste I experience from the Armour is WAY worth it. Anyway, it doesn't taste that terrible to me - it's sort of sweet. I take 1 grain at 6 a.m. and go back to sleep. I take another grain at 10 a.m., and 1/2 gr. at 2 p.m. I hardly notice the taste most of the time. I think the smell bothers me more - it is mildly unpleasant, but like I said - even if it tasted really awful, I'd still think it was worth it. Being fat and unhealthy is more awful.

My appearance has changed more than anything else - my face and neck used to be thick and puffy looking, and after only one month of sublingual, I look 10 years younger, and the thick/puffy look is gone. People have been remarking to me about the difference.

hope this helps,
Janie

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)