CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I googled the HCG..............

traderdrew Views: 5,387
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 945,138

Re: I googled the HCG..............

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/206057

All Ok. It is interesting how the word "proof" is used by people to blow off the possibility of something that may work. I cannot teach everyone on this board how the work "proof" and "studies" are used and misused. However, I can say this. If you are waiting for "proof" that the hCG diet works then you need to stand in line at the FDA and watch yourself die and and of old age before you get that proof. You are right SAMMY, Drs and studies do have some inherent biased. But for you to say that and imply all Drs and studies bias is bad is not very fair. There has to be some basis for good protocol for weight loss or anything else out there.

Too many people focus on weight loss and not the inherent issue: Metabolism. Anyone can lose weight. You can pay any weight loss franchise and lose weight. Apply a basic weight loss protocol to the masses and you have yourself a money maker, a weight loss business. Then BOOM, there the weight comes back again, and sometimes more. Very few of these programs address metabolism specifically to the individual. Some pretend to get a few labs and "review" them then apply the general franchise protocol to the client anyway.

What I find interesting about the hCG protocol is that I think it does address and improve the metabolism. But that is my "biased" opinion based on what I have been taught and what I know about metabolism. Obviously, a 500 calorie a day diet will make someone lose weight. Big DUH there. But I think it may just improve metabolism as well. Many questions need to be answered. What is the physiology of the metabolism change? How PERMANENT is the metabolism change and the weight loss. What do you do AFTER you lose the weight? If you have had poor habits before the diet and revert back then what is the use? How do you maintain the weight loss? Will a basic improved change in eating habits ( no sodas, eat a high protein breakfast, eat mostly organic, etc) keep the weight off after the hCG diet?

I am about to start 3 people on the hCG diet. Simple case studies. Should be interesting. I am getting them to start a diary. We will see.

I may be biased, but I am a physician and I am interested in the most objective evidence that this will work. Or that it won't. I know if my patients stick with the diet they will lose weight. What I don;t know is if they can actually stick with it and what will happen after the diet is "done." By the way, hCG in the dose given is plenty safe. Death is associated with gastric bypass and no one is banning that anytime soon.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.154 sec, (2)