CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense?

ParaZapper Views: 3,365
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 930,455

Re: Acid/Alkaline Theory of Disease Is Nonsense?

You are well known for running around and spouting off about stuff as if you were an expert.

>- Only thing is since they don't understand biology they are not aware of it.

Not sure who you are talking about since my BS is in Biology, graduate studies in biomedical engineering. So, what great scientific study did you do?

I said >- the pH of blood does change over time
you said >- Actually you are incorrect. The pH of blood is fairly constant

Again, you are mistaken. While the blood does normally stay within a range, it varies everyday and even hourly.

>- reality is that any pH change is the result of disease

Show me some proof of that. It flies against every study that I have seen. The pH change occurs first.

>- The pH of blood is fairly constant is remarkably resistant

That is correct, but only to a limit. Hold your breath long enough and the pH of your blood will show a definite change. Again, your mistaken thoughts.

>- I can't think of a single food that would change the acidity of the stomach in any significant way

Try a few things with high calcium content after turning off the stomaches acid production. The food will quickly raise the pH of the stomach fluids. You are seriously mistaken. The stomach only stays acid by producing more acid.

I said >- Any alkalinity added to the stomach will reduce the acidity, if only for a short time

you said >- This is also wrong. I can't think of

You are entirely wrong here. It is exactly as I stated if you bother to read. Try Tums, or any other alkaline anti-acid. That is what they are sold for. They will immediately raise the pH. The stomach will only go acid when it produces more acid. You not only do not know much about biology, your chemistry knowlege is completely skewed. Where did you get your extensive education? Po-Dunk elementary? A little high school biology and chemistry might help you. Might.

I said >- However, it is the enzymes and minerals that will have a very small effect on the body which accumulates over time.

you said >- wrong and partly right.

Again, you are wrong. First, unless the enzymes are broken apart, they will often re-nature when they get to the intestine. This is why people can absorb portions of enzymes such as SOD or pancreatin when they are ingested. It has been proven that they are absorbed. Bromelain and papaiin can enter the blood stream in small amounts. Even small amounts of chlorophyll can be absorbed into the blood.

>- Really, I've along with my training mates can take our blood pH to 7.2 doing repeat sprints

Only for a very short period of time. Even you contradict yourself

You said >- Even those of us who for the sake athletic performance try to intentionally go 'acidid" have a very hard time doing so. And any change is quickly modulated so blood reverts to its normal range.

You have a serious failing in understanding certain aspects. The stomach can and does fail to produce acid in some cases. It does have its limits.

The blood pH is adjusted by buffering. This buffeing removes alkaline minerals from cells and bone tissue. It is when this buffering ability is lost that the blood pH is not stable any more and then goes severely acid.

>- If this was true people who exercised would be more prone to cancer because any activity would, under your explanation, make them acidic and victims of cancer.

This acidity is only temporary and returns to normal. Therefore no cancer.

>- We know that the opposite is true. People that exercise are LESS prone to develop cancer.

Yes, but this is because the extra breathing brings in enough O2 to help the body return to an alkaline state. The acidity is short term.

With cigarette smoke, the CO2 stays much longer as the nicotine reduces breathing.

>- we are likely in far better health than most people.

This is not because of the CO2 or the temporarily lower pH. It is due to higher oxygenation. Go back to the lab and measure your CO2, blood pH, and O2 30 minutes after your exercize is done. The Co2 will be low, and the pH and O2 will be higher.

>- Cigarette smokers are more prone to cancer because of the nearly 6000 chemicals found in cigarette smoke, many well known carcinogens like Benzene.

Agreed that this is true but you can measure the CO2 of a smokers blood and it is high and stays there. The acidity is also localized in the lung area along with the carcinogins.

Also, many foreign tobaccos are not as carcinogenic as American tobaccos. Why?

Again, as I said >- If you have enough CO2 in your blood to make it just slightly more acid than normal, your immune system slows down, allowing cancer to grow over time. Cigarette smokers have more CO2 in their blood than others hence the greater risk of cancer.

Read it carefully. It is true. When the blood pH drops, the immune system slows down. Cancer grows and spreads because the immune system does not react to it quickly enough.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.105 sec, (3)