CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: OxyContin - One Young Man's Story

Karlin Views: 3,534
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 925,642

Re: OxyContin - One Young Man's Story

One thing is for sure - that young man is lucky to have you for his father, a father who cares enough to understand his son's addiction...

"Nothing was said about it being even more addictive than heroin." - same for me when I was prescribed morphine for pain.

My body was also smashed and broken by a drunk driver - I was on a motorcycle going through a GREEN light. Metal in my legs, hospitals for many months, a year before I could walk without assistance.

And now, almost 15 years later, my whole existence is about morphine. I tried quitting a few times, but there is still pain and other problems that show up once the morphine is stopped ["unmasking"]

The real crime is that your son did nothing to deserve JAIL!!! Thats the War on Drugs creating its criminals, and then offering the solution of prison.

We [your son and I] were both given our drugs by doctors, and then the doctors stopped prescribing or didn't increase doseages and we had to go looking on the streets for our medicines. This is on orders from the medical colleges who are demanding that only cancer patients get opiates [so the pharma-giants can sell more pills with patents and bigger profits] [yes, I do believe that is true] [I have heard it from high sources]. Where I live, the med colleges have actually posted these guidlines, complete with how to uncover evidence of using needles [which is the best way these drugs are taken] so that there is a legal reason to stop their prescriptions. Then crimes may or may not happen, depending on the financial resources of the addict.

Sorry to add complications to your grief Dad, but it is a very unfair situation your son and I are in. Things could change to make it more humane for people in pain.
K

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)