CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 16 year old boy

magic_glitter Views: 3,524
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 921,050

Re: 16 year old boy

Well, I'm not a parent but I am a teen, a little older than your son.

I'd get your son to write a heartfelt letter to his best friend, and give it to him in an envelope containing the money he stole. In the letter he can apologize, ask forgiveness (profusely) and explain himself. He can also state in the letter that he obviously has unresolved issues that lead him to act in such an unacceptable manner and is seeking help. He can also state that he hopes, with time, his friend will forgive him and he can earn back the trust they previously had in their relationship.

As I stated above, it would be wise to get your son some help, perhaps counseling. Something made him act that way, something is making his grades slip, something is leading him down the path of trying drugs. If your son don't want to go, tell him to go as a sign of his wanting to rekindle his former friendship, and because it is necessary to help him get back on the right path in life.

I'd also say, I don't know what your family situation is like, but maybe just start spending some more quality family time with your son. Have one night a week where you play a board game. Go on a hike or bike riding on the weekend. Sit down with your son and help him with his homework in the subjects he struggles with. He needs some guidance and support, and that is his mother and father's job.

Also, does he have any extra-curriculars? Does he play any sports? Have any hobbies? Maybe getting him out and among a new crowd to distract him will be a good influence on him.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)