CureZone   Log On   Join
16 year old boy

Views: 4,487
Published: 17 y

16 year old boy

I need some feedback -

My 16 year old son did something pretty bad. He stole money from his best friend. His best friend caught him, not red-handed but the proof was there.

He admitted this to me. He wants to make amends to his friend.

It all seems so overwhelming to me. I know my son is full of intense pain, he is ashamed and embarrassed. He basically lost his best friend. He was totally stupid and knows it.

I guess I need some guidance. I could throw the book at him. I'm worried about why he did this....I mean, his best friend?

Recently he admitted to me that he smokes pot (the only drug he's doing) for the last six months. His grades are crap.

My husband can't handle this. He grew up with a psycho mother who if he even looked cross-eyed she'd freak. She constantly compared him to the devil for the slightest infraction. I on the other hand was a normal rebellious teenager that did some drugs, shoplifted a bit, had sex at 17. I did things I regretted and was ashamed of. I learned some valuable lessons.

I don't know. Is my son going through some normal growing pains, or because of this latest infraction, do I have a real problem on my hands? My husband is no help, he already has gone over the deep end with visions of sociopath.....which I know is totally harsh.

I'm sort of lost here. I'm really worried. I grieve for my son. I need to dole out fair punishment over what he has already wrought himself.

I very much appreciate your comments.

I cross-posted this on sites that I knew there would be knowlegable Mom's....

Concerned Mother.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)