CureZone   Log On   Join
Edited

Views: 6,004
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 903,125

Edited

I do not mean to tramp on your enthusiasm. As far as that goes, stay enthused and forget I exist as far as that goes. I do mean to at least draw your attention to considering some of the peculiarity with this stat.

For starters, I do not know the technical aspects of exactly how it is CZ counts this particular kind of stat. I do know that on the big bad web out there, there is and has been this phenom for several years known as "web crawlers" - various sorts of BOTs designed by somebody for some apparent purpsoe to crawl the web searching and hitting all kinds of web sites looking & recording & hitting for something. What? I dunno, I barely know enough to say with some confidence that such happens and has been happening for years, and that such may OR may not have an impact on how any given web site's statistics of "hits" are tallied. Despite this, from experience the past three years, I do know that this particular stat can be increased by one person, any person, merely reading a post, hitting the back button, then hitting the forward button again as if to read the same post again, and if this basic procedure is repeated, the stat continues to go up. I am not suggesting this is the case, I am merely pointing out one of the few things that I know from observation about a stat collecting mechanism that I otherwise admit - i don't know how they do it.

Secondly, I refer to my original commment on this that was to the effect of "... according to my computer screen...." The reason I said this was to make a public record of how it was my attention was first drawn to this stat at or around 10:00 A.M. this morning Friday, 06/22/07. When I went to bed last night, I left my computer running with browser opened to CureZone. According to what I saw when I first began to refresh my browser and commence to browsing CureZone this morning, I noticed this Freedom to Facism post was logged as having been posted at 12:40 A.M. this morning, 062207. I also noticed that this post apparently had been hit on "read" over 500 times in the span of 168 minutes subsequent to 12:40 A.M. This suggests these 500-plus hits occured between the hours of a little before 1 AM and around 3:30 AM. Just trying to take the related stats and logs at face value, it is quite peculiar that this post was read to the tune of 3 hits per minute for every minute over a period of 168 consecutive minutes between the wee hours of the morning this morning.

Again, I don't know how such happens, I don't know how such gets recorded and statisticized as havign happened, I only know that it happened. It would be nice to believe that there is room for enthusiasm in this. I don't know that there is, nor do I know that there isn't... such is the nature of things peculiar :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.213 sec, (2)