CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How do I get my 1yr old daughter to like her toothbrush?

no_biz Views: 2,480
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 887,180

Re: How do I get my 1yr old daughter to like her toothbrush?

Hello, I would not worry! 1 y is a very early age to start real toothbrushing!

If I were you I would forget about it , and esp. let HER forget about it, for quite a while.

I bought a toothbrush when my daughter was 18 months, I gave it to her and started brushing my own teeth encouraging her to do the same. I did not care about the thing getting done properly, just let her play with the toothbrush in her mouth. She is now almost 3 and brushes her teeth her own way, but I think she does quite good for her age. A few times she did allow me to hold her toothbrush and show her ( very calmly and gently) how to use it in her mouth.

You might let her play with the wrong end until she will spontaneously try to imitate you. It will CERTAINLY happen sooner of later - it's just a matter of patience.

I would not worry a bit about cavities. The cavities cause is poor nutrition, refined foods and acidosis rather than a lack of toothbrushing. Have her on an healthy Diet and her teeth will take care of themselves.

good luck, you sound like a caring, loving mom and I wish you the best!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)