CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Male victim

typhonblue Views: 5,992
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 882,169

Re: Male victim

I just realized that I didn't give an explaination of what prompted my responce.

The prompt was MX's fear of being arrested if his wife called the cops. This is a very real fear for many abused men. That, even though their _wives_ are the primary or sole aggressors, that they will be labled such because they are men. Even with visible injuries.

The system seems to be locked into "man-aggressor/woman-victim" and if there is a domestic disturbance, the cops often prefer to buy into lazy and/or chivalrous thinking rather then really suss out the situation.

The fact that this systemic bias exists and can be used by a female abuser against her male victim is something I find particularly upsetting. That, in combination with what I thought was an attempt to minimize men's experience of abuse, got my gander up.

But I'd much rather think that loves responce was prompted by a case of sudden awareness that men do face the same issues of abuse as women then any urge to minimize.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (1)