CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Another issue about SLS -- SLS and mouth sores

sandover Views: 1,753
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 880,759

Re: Another issue about SLS -- SLS and mouth sores

Hi all,

Lauric acid is an ingredient in coconut oil and I wonder if the "lauryl" or "laureth" derives from coconut oil -- for some reason it sticks in my head that SLS is a coconut-oil derivative? (Someone mentioned palm, too, and I am 100% willing to be wrong here!) (Lauric acid is also found in breast milk and I think is what's responsible for the weight-normalizing effects of coconut oil.)

Anyway, that has been my thinking around using coconut oil to clean my teeth. I use coconut oil dipped in a toothbrush and then I put some of my home-made tooth powder (1:1:1 of Sea Salt , xylitol, and baking soda) on that and brush away. My teeth look whiter than before I started all of this for sure, but more important, my whole mouth feels astonishingly clean! I love it. And I posted recently that a painful area of a tooth right by the gum has stopped hurting entirely, which may mean the decay has stopped? Not sure there, but nice to have no sensitivity/pain there anymore.

A further caveat on SLS -- when I started OP I got an eNORmous canker sore/herpes sore (still not 100% sure what it "was" but suffice it to say that whatever its microbiological origin, it made my life entirely miserable for several days...I was starting to add oregano oil to my OP mix and I think it really pushed some nastiness out quick!). Anyway I was looking around for canker-sore treatments and all of the sites I visited said to avoid SLS if one is prone to mouth/canker sores because they can be caused/aggravated by SLS. So just FYI...

Laura

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)