CureZone   Log On   Join
Acne and problem skin at 30

Colin Views: 2,679
Published: 22 y

Acne and problem skin at 30

Hi folks

I'm all new to this board but it looks as if this could be the place to ask for advice. Anyway I'm now 30, Male and had problem skin as a teenager. Nothing too bad, just typical teenage skin. In my mid 20's everything was fine. People would comment who flawless my skin was. Then again in my late 20's I would get the occasional pimple but again nothing too bad. However since December of last year things have taken a real turn for the worse. I started getting red bumps and lumps, mainly on the left hand side of my face, but generally all over. I had very little whiteheads etc what I would describe as typical spots. my skin had went from very good to very poor in the space of 2-3 weeks. My life style hadn't changed, my diet hadn't changed, I couldn't trace it back to anything. I tried some OTC face washs and when things continued to detioriate i went to the doctor who prescribed Differin - may have well have rubbed spit in my face for all the good it has done. I then went on Benzaymicn and there was a small improvement. I was still getting constant new lumps and started to read more into the subject espically on the alternative treatment boards. I read that wheat, diary, Sugar could cause acne. So I haven't eaten bread, pasta, milk diary products etc in four months. This did seem to help and the occurance of spots did slow down a fair bit. But I have now lost about 10 kgs - went from about 75 kgs to 65 kgs and I'm 5' 7", my clothes are all too big for me. I'm eating very healthily now but if I eat anything "bad" I get new lumps / spots. I'm constantly worrying about my diet, I'm turning into a bit of a freak. I can control my Acne somewhat by eating nothing but fruit, veg, chicken, fish etc and using BP wash and the Benzaymicn, I also take loads of Vit, A, B5, C, Zinc and all this is doing is managing the worst of the symptons. I know I'm probably a lot better of than a lot of u guys here but I'm turning into a freak. I'm so paranoid about my eating habits and skin care that it is ruling my life. I had some bread there on Thursday and I have counted 16 new blemishes. These take about 10 days to go away. If I'm good between now and then I'll only get a few new ones and all this despite my militay regieme.

I suppose my question is that there has to be an easier way. My problem is not very severe, I don't get cysts, my chest and back are crystal clear. My problem is my cheeks (left in particular)and chin. Basically anywhere from the eyes down. Today I have 5 spots on my chin, three new lumps on my left cheek with a fair bit of redness from the old Acne and 6-7 lumps on my right cheek. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Which of the Liver Cleanses are the best, what regieme should I be following.

Thanks very much

PS to make matters worse I have piles and am a little constipated. Someting is not right with me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)