CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Internet Dating?

Views: 2,859
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 871,226

Re: Internet Dating?

When the internet was in its infancy, "meeting" people online was almost safe. As internet access expanded and evolved (now, camming, etc., is par for the course), it has devolved from a helpful tool into a dangerous, risky addiction for many people.

If I were trying to meet with some people who shared my same values and beliefs, I would look to local establishments, support groups, hobby groups, etc. In that manner, I would be able to read individuals with regard to their body language, their facial expressions, their vocal inflections, etc. Online, people may invent ANY PERSONA THAT THEY WISH in order to bait, lure, and ensnare another human being for whatever purposes they are trolling for. My ex has gone through 9 women (at the least) in as many years using the internet. People who have NPD find that the internet provides the perfect environment to bait, lure, and ensnare a constant and varied narcissistic supply source - almost like going to a candy store with a blank check.

I used to be an AOL Chat Host for a particular "chat room." One of the "people" who used to frequent the chat always had some sort of drama going on in "his" life. First, he claimed that his wife was going to leave him but suddenly became pregnant and everything was wonderful after the baby had allegedly been born. Then, this person claimed to have authored a number of novels, etc., but nobody could ever seem to find the titles or the author's name to verify. Then, this person claimed to have come down with bone cancer - people were SENDING THIS PERSON MONEY to help cover the costs of a new marrow transplant. Then, this person dropped off the radar.

The next thing I know, I'm being contacted by the FBI because this man was actually a single, middle-aged woman living in Denver, CO who had several internet accounts and ID's and had been found murdered in her apartment. The FBI was contacting everyone on her emailing lists, had done some forensic technology work on her computer, and they were scouring the Nation for some sort of leads.

Internet dating can be successful, but it can also be disastrous. Only you can make the right choice for yourself on this issue!

Best wishes to you!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)