CureZone   Log On   Join
The wonders of maca!!

purplepossom Views: 6,746
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 861,854

The wonders of maca!!

Maca is a peruvian root vegetable which has been used for thousands of years as a medicinal plant to improve strength and endurance, along with its aphrodisiac properties! Nutritionally it contains 60% carbohydrates, 10% protein, 8.5% dietary fiber, and 2.2% fats and is rich in essential minerals; especially selenium, calcium, magnesium and iron. Maca also includes the fatty acids linolenic acid, palmitic acid, oleic acids, and 19 amino acids.

Because of its rich mineral and fatty acid content, maca has become renowned for its positive effects in stabilizing hormone levels and is a natural alternative to hormone-replacement therapies for symptoms of menopause and infertility. If, as I believed, your Acne is related to a hormone inbalance, maca can help normalise steroid hormones like testosterone, progesterone, and oestrogen, which should bring sebum production under control and alleviate acne.

It's hard to say whether the maca alone has been responsible for the great improvement in my skin, as I've undergone a series of cleanses and changes to my eating habits (as detailed above), but I find it so delicious in my morning smoothie that I'll carry on using it anyway!

I purchase mine on ebay and buy 500g or more at a time (it comes as a powder) and use a tablespoon per drink.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)