CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Squash bugs & cucumber beetles

farmgirl2000 Views: 9,611
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 86,091

Re: Squash bugs & cucumber beetles

Hi Moreless,

Thanks for the response. I hope that you can help. I've seen and enjoyed your posts on the subject of Alkaline/Acid Balance, and know that you are very knowledgable.

I have lots of composted manure (goat, chicken and horse), hay, leaves and saw dust added to my garden over the last 5 years. I add green sand, rock phosphate and wood ashes. I have added bone meal and blood meal in the past. I usually mulch everything. My gardens ph runs normal - I have added lime in the past.

My plants always look great - at first. I have tried lots of different types of squash and cucumbers. This year I've gone to all heirloom types - which might even give me more trouble. I rotate my plants every year. Bacterial wilt sets in on some of the plants because of the cucumber beetles - and I burn those plants.

I hand pick until it gets out of control (the squash bugs and the eggs).

I have lots of lady bugs and assasin bugs in the garden. Plus I'm gaining more and more earth worms every year.

The rest of my garden does great (well, except carrots - but I've fixed a special bed for them with extra leaves, so maybe that will help them).

I hope this gives you some insight into the problem.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)