CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: This is how I cured my BPD

Pegasus1 Views: 38,180
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 723,554

Re: This is how I cured my BPD

hello..I completely disagree with calling BPD PTSD and I will tell you why here-

I have been in therapy for Borderline Personality since I was six years old. I am now 24 years old and have been hospitalized up to 8 times with 2 suicide attempts. I have had countless numbers of individual therapists and group therapy until finding the right therapist myself. I have now been in intensive group and individual therapy for the last 3 years 4 to 5 days every week. I have been around many many people with many different disorders and have studied my own disorder and those of people i've met for many years. In the therapy day program I have entered they also make a point of teaching about many diverse mental health disorders, how they are diagnosed, and how they are treated. This is why I completely disagree with calling BPD -PTSD ... Borderline Personality Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder may have some simaler characteristics but they are in no way the same. I can't imagine why your therapist would call it that..

Now if you are talking about Bi Polar disorder, which has the same initials as Borderline Personality Disorder than I can see where there would be some confusion here....but I also have many friends with Bi Polar and it is not the same as PTSD either. They are all treated with different types of therapy and medications or sometimes a combination if needed. But Borderline Personality Disorder has now been re named as Emotion Regulation Disorder.

And as for negative labels, im of two minds on that one. On one hand I agree that these labels end up getting a negative stereotype but on the other hand I liked putting a name to my symptoms once and for all...it was a big relief
p

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.104 sec, (1)