CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Why I wonder about Thanksgiving

Views: 6,673
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 779,135

Re: Why I wonder about Thanksgiving

Never thought of that.

I come from a family that loves the "divide and conquer" mentality.
"The Indians slaughtered each other!" or, "The Indians weren't civilized!"
or " they get more privledges than us! "

Well.....
I dont see them celebrating thanksgiving.
And I applaud them, because they never, ever, ever talk about revenge. They are a peaceful nation. Not a savage one, even though we were brought up with that stereotype. The article is informative, because it states where the scalping came from, not from the natives, but from the immigrants. Another myth shattered.

I recently had the opportunity to meet some native Americans. They GAVE FREELY to me and my family, they continue to give what ever they have from day one until today. The woman made authentic pieces for sale to tourists who visit the Smokey Mountains in TN. The necklace was cut out of deer hide, the arrowhead was fashioned from stone, the string that held the arrowhead to the necklace was deer gut, or either buffalo gut. Can you imagine how long it took her to make these and she offered them to my children! May God preserve them!

Anyways, take care all~

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)