CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thanks.

Views: 3,901
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 766,254

Re: Thanks.

At 25 you're perfectly capable of making your own fun time, take advantage of that!
Obviously your mom cannot give you that, if there is any way for you to understand that she would if she could, that would be better for you. Believe me - no parent is a bad parent by choice or just by accident. There is always an even worse parent of that parent behind the scenes... Have you seen the t-shirt that says "It's actually all my grandmother's fault" or something along those lines? It's funny yet it's true - a bad mom is usually a child of an even worse mom.

You're the one who is noticing the problems, so you be the one who will stop the vicious circle. Be loving first towards yourself, and that way you'll be happier, and also - that's the only way you'll learn to give that happiness to your own child some day. Your mom doesn't know how to love you, because she never learned to love herself. Believe me that if you had her childhood, you'd almost certainly have the same problem...

As for not being addicted to gambling - great, and remember that just like drugs, gambling can all to easily become an addiction; or it certainly will, given an opportunity. Since there is nothing good that comes out of even "trying just once", better not to ever try it (millions before you "tried just once" only to become addicted). So, start loving yourself by promising never to go gambling. There are so many more fun things to do then just gambling. I mean, gambling is really for loosers; you can't really win (there's a better chance of getting killed by lightning), so what does that make one? A looser!

Why not rent some favorite comedy, or take a trip to some nice place in some other state (check out places that are amazing to see for anyone like Niagara Falls or Yosemite Valley or the famous "brickyard" - Indianapolis race track, or Death Valley, or Golden Gate bridge, or the famous San diego zoo... so many things, so much to do, that life's almost too short for it all! There's no time to waste on stupid things. Or you can just walk to your local music store or bookstore and browse a little, who knows what you'll find. Or just try taking a walk in a nice park, for no reason, but to see how it is. Do it without thinking. Leave worries and anger outside of park, and promise yourself that those will be a few minutes when you'll just enjoy your surroundings...

Hugs and kisses

me

ps. ...and choose friends wisely - only those who never put you down and really appreciate you need apply :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (2)