CureZone   Log On   Join
Testosterone, pig ears and coconut oil

Views: 17,624
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 745,759

Testosterone, pig ears and coconut oil

Thanks so much for taking the time to find me that link.

I suspected it might be a hormonal problem. It's just so ironic that the reason I had to neuter my dog in the first place, according to the vet, was because the testosterone in his testicles were causing the inflammation in his prostate which in turn caused the rapture. And now I might have to inject him with testosterone anyway...

I'm hoping someone here might have some ideas on how to avoid this in the future, if buying a new dog. One very experienced breeder of Dalmatians I spoke to, had a theory that smoked pig ears (very common dog treats in this country) caused prostate problems. She was determined that pig ears also caused inflammation of the anal glands. I used to give my dog a couple of pig ears every week. And he actually had lots of problems with his glands.

He's much better now since he's off the pig ears but who knows what damage they caused? It doesn't really much matter that we gave them to him because we love him.

Is prostate inflammation a "natural" part of growing old for dogs or is it something that's brought on by poor eating habits, parasites, bad ph-balance, stuffed livers and all those other things that are discussed on Curezone?

It just seems so stupid to inject a dog with what vets claimed caused his problems in the first place : (

I don't distrust vets as much as it might sound, BUT I also wrote here about my dog's furunculosis problems which were costing a fortune in Antibiotics and could only be controlled with larger and more frequent doses. Then I started giving him coconut oil after reading about it's healing effects on humans on different web pages and just like that the furunculosis were gone.

Of course I have to feed it to my dog regularly, but it's a lot cheaper and a lot more beneficial longterm than Antibiotics . I don't think I'd ever get that advice from a vet to use coconut oil instead of Antibiotics ; ) Which is why many forums on Curezone should be made mandatory reading for doctor and vets : ))

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)