CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Eczema - Nickel allergy

aunty Views: 12,319
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 7,331

Re: Eczema - Nickel allergy

Hello,

I want to first address the issue of growing out of eczema. That's a false promise. Children who eventually "grow out of eczema" do so for a reason. It is not by chance or luck. This is done when a focused attention is placed on restoration of the immune health through proper nutrition. It is also achieved when identification of the allergen/irritant is made early on; and as a result, removed from the child's environment. It's the application of those factors that prmotes the eczema relief. Because the doctors don't address the reasons that contribute to a child's "growth out of eczema", parent's get a false sense of security that age or growth alone will result in eczema freedom. That's not true at all. To achieve that goal, a focus on restoration of a child's immune health through a diet rich in the foods that contain the nutrients needed to replenish their deficient nutrients is imperative. This was the case with my nieces, who suffered severe (total body) eczema flareups in their infancy beginning at about the 3 month old mark. My nieces recovered (healed) in two weeks time and have been eczema free for years; the oldest niece for six years and the middle niece for four years.

The deficiencies that are represented with an eczema flareup are as follows: beta carotene, zinc, quercetin, essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6, omega-9, & GLA), vitamin C, vitamin D, & vitamin E. A diet rich in the foods that contain these essential nutrients has been imperative to my nieces longterm success. In addition, natural skin care containing the above mentioned nutrients has also been imperative to their success. Because of my years of eczema experience in watching my mother suffer for 30+ years under the care of doctors who promoted her longterm suffering with harsh medications, I took the care of my nieces into my own hands. I approached the skin disorder practically and naturally. Because I was very aware of the damage that the hydrocortisone and other steroid/corticosteroid medications caused, I was determined not to have those medications touch my nieces' skin. I searched out natural skin care and the healing was achieved in days, completing its course in two weeks. The body heals itself; therefore, I worked with the body to promote the healing, as opposed to against the body by suppression of the symptoms.

The purpose of an eczema symptom is to alert the body of toxic overload. The body releases toxins in these three ways: through the bowel/bowel tract, urine/kidney, and the skin. An eczema reaction on the skin is the body's way of eliminating toxins in the blood stream. The liver is the "toxic dump site of the body"; therefore, understand the importance of a liver cleanse; not only for eczema relief, but also as a good health practice for the entire body. By giving you this information or insight into what the body is messaging with an eczema flareup, I want to give you a new perspective on eczema. To give you an analogy, I view it more as a smoke/fire alarm. The purpose of a smoke/fire alarm is to warn homeowners of the smoke that signals an impending fire. The sound is annoying, but extremely helpful as a life saver. You can respond to the annoying sound by addressing the source of the smoke and removing yourself from danger; or you can take the battery out of the alarm, ignore the warning and go back to sleep. In responding to eczema's warning signal, I chose the first approach; whereas conventional medicine has chosen the latter. As a result, not only do eczema sufferers have a persistent eczema problem; but they also have a host of other hidden dangers within the body due to the lack of attention being paid to addressing the toxins that remain in the body. Because the toxins in the body aren't being addressed, an atmosphere for cancers and other disease (like asthma) can develope, over time, as well.

Even if you didn't have eczema, it would be good practice to incorporate an internal cleanse of the liver, kidney, bowel, colon, etc. for good health. A parasite cleanse would also be beneficial. For my first cleanse, I chose a comprehensive pre-packaged system, called All Natural Cleanse by Nature's Medicine. This was a matter of personal preference. On this website, you can view a detailed outline of the different cleanses offered and incorporate the cleanses based on your personal preference. You can even purchase cleanse/detox teas that address the liver specifically. These types are more for daily use and may not give you the more intense cleansing that you would desire; however, they may help in the process until you've found what you think works best for you. There are even detox pads that you can use at night while sleeping to draw the toxins out of the body. They are foot pads that would draw the toxins out through the feet while you are sleeping. Definitely educate yourself on the different forms of detox and make an informative decision that you feel peaceful with. Cleansing and detoxing the body is very necessary for good health. Even if you focused on promoting that type of cleansing through a healthier diet (high in fiber) with an increase in water consumption, you would greatly benefit your skin health, along with your overall health.

Keep in mind these three things when healing the body of eczema: internal, external, and foreign. Internal refers to addressing the restoration of the immune health through proper nutrition/cleansing. External refers to rehydration of the skin's moisture barrier through natural (vitamin/mineral enriched) skin care to promote the skin healing. Natural skin care containing vitamin E and essential fatty acid sources like borage oil or safflower oil will be greatly beneficial. Also skin care items containing beta carotene and natural anti-pruritic (anti-itch) sources, (like colloidal oatmeal, calendula, chamomile, aloe, etc.) are also good choices. The foreign in this 3-part practical approach to healing the skin of eczema is to address the allergen/irritant source through identification and removal of the source or instigator of the flareup.

You've tested for an allergen to nickel. This may or may not be the major instigating factor in your eczema condition. Your longterm use of hydrocortisone or other steroid/corticosteroid medications are also playing a role in your eczema suffering. The immune system views the harsh ingredient of these medications as a foreign enemy, and although they manage to suppress it for the short term, eventually the immune system fights back with another reaction. However, and addressing the nickel or metal eczema irritant playing a role in your continued eczema suffering, Amalgam fillings (dental fillings) in your teeth may be a major factor for you. Removal of those types of fillings and opting for a natural alternative would probably serve to be very beneficial to you as well. This would fall under the category as another cleansing process. To do this type of work, you would have to search for natural dentist in your community.

Once your immune system has been bombarded with toxic overload for such a long period of time, you can then become susceptible to many irritants. Another irritating factor for you could be your household water supply as well. If it contains chlorine or fluoride, these chemicals could prove very irritating to the skin of an eczema sufferer. As a result, I suggest water purification/filter systems for the shower heads and bathroom faucets of eczema sufferers. I focus on the area of the bathroom because this is where contact with the skin would be made.

If you are a resident of the U.S., I suggest a visit to your local Whole Foods Market to search out the array of natural skin care products available. The Burt's Bees product line is what brought about my nieces success; however, there are a multitude of other product lines that may prove more beneficial to you. Borage Skin Therapy lotion by Shikai or the Colloidal Skin Therapy lotion by Nature's Gate are just two of the many options available.

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (5)