CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Daughter's messed up periods.

krupaclassy Views: 1,540
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 70,753

Re: Daughter's messed up periods.

Start looking into the possiblity of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). Pcos is caused by hormone imbalances, often more than one! The diagnosis usually takes a blood test to test the male hormones in her body, most often testosterone. If testtosterone is off balance then period problems occurs. The problems usually are odd/irregular periods, weight gain (or loss in some cases), hair growing in male patterns (like chin and belly), Acne on face and/or back amongst a host of others. If her hormones are off then the doc will want a vaginal ultrasound to look a the ovaries. Alot of times (almost always) there are cysts in the ovaries. The treatment is usually birthcontrol pills to control the periods. But taking glucophage (a diabetes med) helps even more. It regulates the insulin that is thrown off by the testosterone imbalance.

I have pcos myself and am insulin resistant because of it, in other words the insulin doesn't allow the Sugar into the cells like it should. I took birth control pills for 3 yrs before stopping because of cramps. Now I take glucophage which helps the insulin problem and regualtes ovulation. Mind you I wonder why I as so gung ho about gettting periods again! (pcos causes both too few and too many periods. My mom used to have a period every other week!)

Since your daughter has downs aswell, I would suggest gylconutrients, which I also take! They help the body get the essential sugars the cells need to work properly. Gylconutrients are the reason natural therapies are working for me! I know a story about a downs child who start glyconutrients and has done a 360 degree trun around in 4 yrs. If you are interested I'll be happy to relate the story!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.139 sec, (1)