CureZone   Log On   Join
Daughter's messed up periods.

zippy60 Views: 1,503
Published: 20 y

Daughter's messed up periods.

I have a 21 year old Down Syndrome daughter. She's overweight by about 35 pounds. Her periods were always regular since the beginning about 7 years ago. That being said I mean either a couple days earlier than every 28 or a couple days later. They always lasted exactly 4 bad days and 1 tapering off day. Just this last time she was 5 days late. Had a non-event period, same as always. (Just a little pain the first day which 2 IB's make her feel better). BUT, this time she got another period just 13 days from the beginning of the last one. Meaning she only had about 8 days of non-period this month. She had absolutely NO pain this time. It lasted the usual 5 days, but she has been spotting for 8 days, each day. This is so unusual for her.

I've tried to get her into a gyn but none that I've called will see a new patient or a special needs patient. My regular gyn is on maternity leave and won't be returning until September. This group says they are not seeing new patients at all, even for another physician.

I don't know what to do for her. Are there any suggestions as to what may be wrong and what I could do?

Thank you very much.

Zippy60

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)