CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: A Word Of Warning On Most Pre-Packaged Cleansing Products

hopinso Views: 5,168
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 690,835

Re: A Word Of Warning On Most Pre-Packaged Cleansing Products

I have tried some of Nature's Secret brand products and have generally been satisfied with them. However, as a researcher of herbs and natural cures, I feel I must inject a word of warning on extended use of this product. I am familiar with most of the herbs listed in the ingredients, and they are known for being able to cleanse various organs. However, one main component is Cascara Sagrada, a strong herbal stimulant laxative. Although I did not find the exact amount of Cascara contained in each tablet of the cleansing product, I did read that up to six tablets of each formula could be taken each day. Prolonged use of any stimulant laxative can cause severe bowel troubles. The herbs works by irritating the bowel and stimulating peristalsis to move the irritant out, thus the laxative action. Using such a product for too long can reduce the natural peristaltic movements of the bowel to the point that individuals can no longer have natural bowel movements.
Anyone wanting to try this product should not use it for more than two weeks tops. Under no circumstances should a "detox" tea, "fasting" tea, "dieter's" tea, or "laxative" tea containing senna be used along with this product. Serious and chronic bowel problems may result when stimulant laxatives are used too often or incorrectly.
As a healing modality, water only fasting is best done with no supplements at all. This allows the body to enter into ketosis and break down its own waste for energy. When fasting to lose weight, there is more room to experiment with supplements, but all too often more is not better. Please proceed with caution.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (1)