CureZone   Log On   Join
Hi "Tampabay" =)

kimwood60 Views: 6,718
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 689,149

Hi "Tampabay" =)

I empathize completely. I was 37 (I'm 44 now) when my foot swelled up overnight. And, yes, completely and totally depressed when I realized there would be no more sexy little strappy sandals! (pout, pout) No stiletto pumps or most other "real people" fun shoes, for that matter. =( Oh well, I now mostly wear the little half boots in a size too big so I can get the zipper closed on the right foot while layering extra socks onto the left foot to fill up the space. Egads!

Luckily (knocking on my wooden desk) I've avoided any cellulitis bouts that so many of us get from this condition. It is a very frustrating condition because so many people (Drs included) don't know what it is. Or, if they've heard of it just tell you "it's just swelling". Unfortunately, it is oh soooooo much more.

I recently joined a yahoo lymphedema support forum. It's really very wonderful and it's just downright inspirational to see all of those people out there sharing their information and experiences with us "newbies". I very much recommend joining in! Also, one of the members has a website with more information on this condition than I've ever seen anywhere else. I'll attach both links. It really contains a wealth of information.

Email me directly if you'd like. I'm glad to see you here. It's so easy to feel isolated when you have this condition. It's nice to be able to talk to others that truly understand the frustrations and challenges of dealing with this.

Personally, I'm coming off of about 10 months of minimal mobility. It's been very hard. I just started the compression therapy and MLD etc last October. I was a very active, trim, athletic sort into horseback riding, hiking, jogging etc. Adjusting all of my activities around how the bandages feel today or how the garments are overlapping has been frustrating.

Oh well, it could be worse. I am getting my mobility back and I've never had to be hospitalized for an infection (yet). So those are great positives! =)

I'm sorry you had to acquire this at such a young age. Some folks on the yahoo forum were born with this and have dealt with it forever. I suppose us "late bloomers" can be grateful that we knew life without it, as well as with it =).

Chat with you later. Check out the support group and the website and let me know what you think!

Hugs,
Kim

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/LLLymphedema2/
http://lymphedema.omno.org/

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)