CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Support & Communication for lymphedema sufferers

tophat Views: 6,678
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 689,143

Re: Support & Communication for lymphedema sufferers

Hi! Yes ... be very careful with this. I've had it for 17 years. It first manifested during pregnancy with my son and was, at that time, diagnosed as severe edema on the verge of toxemia.

The reason I advise extreme caution ... is that it also almost killed me about 7 years ago when it spread to my torso and developed into Sepsis (whole body infection) and a total organic body shut down, liver, kidneys, immune, etc. At the time, nobody could figure out the cause ... however now, in retrospect, the conclusion is that the lymphedema from my left leg had spread to torso (belly area) and from time to time would have flare-ups ... this one of which resulted in ICU for 13 days - Critical! In hospital 30 days.

Always monitor condition for flare-ups, then requiring heavy duty anti-biotic treatments, shots and oral. We take no chances anymore. My best relief - I have found, is swimming ... and keeping legs underwater for longer periods of time, ie over 1 or 2 hours. The natural compression of the water works wonders!

I will try to share more later ...

Blessings! ... Chris

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)