CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Support & Communication for lymphedema sufferers

Tampabayusa Views: 6,581
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 689,143

Re: Support & Communication for lymphedema sufferers

hi Kim,
im so glad i found this site. I have been treating my Lyphedema for about 3 years. Im 27 years old. and the onset started just one day out of the blue. My right ankle just started to swell for no reason. I tried elimination of salt for my diet and so may other help measures, but to no avail. So my mother encourged me to see a doctor, not knowing any better, i went to a Foot Doctor. Then he refered me to a cardiologist who then diagnoist me with Lyphedema. I was so sure that i would just be able to take a pill and it would be all over....but that was not the case. It was depressing at one point, being young, i felt as though i could never wear cute strappy sandels anymore, and skirts for fear that people would see my ailment. I have had all the test you have had, and also the mannual drainage. It worked and i try to massage it a lot. Some days the swelling is not bad, other days its not good. It depends on what shoes i wear... I also wear the compression stockings as recommened by my doctor. If you have any advice for me or websites that i can research about this condition, please let me know!! Thanks! its so great to have support!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)